Doka is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities worldwide and 10 locations in the USA, the Doka Group has a high-performing distribution network, which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. Employing more than 6,000 people globally in over 70 countries. Doka is more than a job, it's a passion.Job Description
Summary Of Position:
The Engineering Manager manages the Engineering Department operations throughout the branch. He/she is accountable for conceptual designs and drawings produced to indicate proper use of Doka USA concrete forming equipment for customers. He/she provides strong leadership, guidance and supervision to all engineers and technicians in the branch. He/she produces and/or reviews engineering analysis and calculations by applying the fundamentals of engineering and principles of design.
- Works with sales to produce and supervise the production of proposals and working drawings for Doka USA formwork systems.
- PE stamps calculations and drawings as required (where applicable).
- Develops work schedules, evaluates employee performance throughout the year and formally during the annual performance review process.
- Conducts and/or participates in staff training programs ensuring continuous training is provided in calculations, formwork, product knowledge, computer systems/software applications, etc.
- Supports the Sales Manager (where applicable) and Branch/Area Manager by determining appropriate formwork solutions that meet the customer's needs (economically, and in compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines).
- Ensures that work is designed with available inventory and in conformance with contractual obligations.
- Manages reviews and certifies engineering work products performed by all staff members under his/her supervision.
- Manages staff and reviews that work and ensures that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka USA forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- Ensures that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
- Motivates team and effectively delegates work ensuring branch objectives are met.
- Collaborates with the Branch/Area Manager ensuring company and branch strategic initiatives are aligned.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in engineering (structural, civil, or mechanical) required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering required. Experience in concrete forming preferred. Doka experience strongly preferred.
- Able to set priorities, change priorities to meet the business needs and schedule projects while managing staff, overseeing multiple projects concurrently and supporting the branch.
- Proficient computer skills using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. AutoCad a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player with strong leadership skills and excellent time management skills. Works and motivates staff to work productively in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of U.S. regulations, local and national codes, legislation and trends impacting the formwork industry.
- Understands how the projects and activities of Doka USA and the branch office impacts the corporation worldwide.
This position requires the ability to support the branch office, corporate office, and at times in the customer environment, solving design and field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with internal branch and corporate colleagues, management and customers.
Position requires the ability to work in an organized manner, in a fast-paced environment and manage time to meet deadlines. Individual must be able to think strategically and analytically.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.