Engineering Manager, Chrome OS Platform Hardware
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 3 years of technical leadership and people management experience
- 8 years of experience in consumer hardware design
- Experience in PCB-level design engineering with system boards, CPU/chipset, memory, high-speed communication interfaces, and DC/DC switching converters
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 15 years of relevant industry experience, with 7 years of technical leadership and people management experience managing teams of developers and engineering managers
- Experience managing high performing hardware engineering teams
- Experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems
- Familiarity with CPU internal architecture and software development from firmware through system level and security
The Chrome OS Hardware team is responsible for developing reference designs for our partners and helping them bring devices to the market. The team is also responsible for driving key hardware technologies integration into Chrome OS platform hardware and ecosystem.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and set the the direction for Chrome OS platform hardware strategy across different architectures (x86 and ARM) and spanning multiple form factors from laptops, convertibles, boxes, and bases.
- Oversee a talented and motivated team of hardware engineers including managers and individual contributors.
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders such as platform software teams, product managers, program managers, and OEM partners to bring devices to market.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.