Are you ready to make an impact?
Are you passionate about innovation, solution based outcomes and a variety of projects?
Are you interested in establishing your career in a world-class professional services company?
GHD is looking for a number of Engineering Interns to join our Water/Wastewater business for the summer of 2021. We are flexible on office location based in one of our Northeast regional offices. As an intern with this team, you will be in assisting project engineers and project managers in the planning, design and construction engineering of water, wastewater and infrastructure projects for municipal and private clients.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Conducting field investigations and inspections of construction
- Performing engineering studies and making comparative engineering and economic evaluations
- Gathering and compiling data
- Assisting with CADD drawings and developing facilities layouts
- Conducting cost estimates and design calculations
What you will bring to the table:
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Civil or Environmental Engineering degree program
- Understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- AutoCAD skills would be a plus
- Ability to learn on the job and apply theory in a practical setting
- Able to balance studies and workload
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Able to follow directions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations and deadlines
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing an internship opportunity within our Water/Wastewater business, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.