Teledyne e2v HiRel Electronics offers high-performance, high-reliability semiconductor solutions, which address the critical functions of the complete signal chain. With a range of products and package solutions, we cater to civil aerospace, industrial, medical, military, scientific and space applications. We also develop customized solutions to meet specific qualifications or environmental requirements.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne HIREL Electronics is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to take the lead role in assessing and understanding Aerospace and Defense Electronics, customer's system requirements, proposing solutions and devlopment of roadmaps for product families. This position requires strong technical background, for customer interface with knowledge base of semiconductor electronics, IC packaging and hybrid modules.
- Interface with customers, representing Teledyne HIREL Electronics with experience, knowledge and authority in end customer system needs and requirements for new IC development or redesigns
- Working closely with production to assess and provide required information for assembly and testing of product.
- Taking new product ideas from concept to written definition (Datasheets and/or design specifications)
- Assessing and negotiating IC development tradeoffs with designers and customers
- Developing and executing system level verification plans
- Resolving customer application problems and providing recommendations.
- Analyzing technology trends, human resource needs for projects, and market demand to plan projects.
- Interface with production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, to service customer demand for new and existing products.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Develop system demonstration boards which will require detailed understanding of end system operation
- Packaging concepts such as ceramics and hybrid modules. Including assessment of Build of Material, Dimensional requirements and ability to work with third party for Semiconductor Product Packaging services. Reviewing mechanical drawings for custom and industry standard requirements
- Master's degree (MSEE.) preferred or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant industry experience with a strong background in analog/mixed signal product development
- Experience in A & D Segment is a plus
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Working knowledge with IC development (Worked with a semiconductor supplier to define a new product and take it to system level production)
- In-depth knowledge of a broad number of topics including Analog Signal Chain, Power Management, RF switches, Pre-scalers, Phase Locked Loops Packaging Concepts and PCB layout / schematics.
- Defense systems, applications and standards (US and worldwide)
- Familiarity with Military/DoD programs, systems and processes
- Direct work experience in the US defense industry and familiarity with those environments
- Communication system integration experience (defense communications and/or electronic warfare) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel.
- US citizenship and fluency in English
- A valid US passport
- Ability to travel to customer sites within the US and internationally (10% of the time)
- An active DoD security clearance, may be required
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email or call . Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.