With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Seqirus is seeking a lead Automaton engineer who will provide technical/engineering support for site GMP Building/Utilities and Computer Systems.
The role of Automation Utilities Engineer consists to be the primary point of contact during any project execution on site for any tasks related to Building Automaton and Utilities design and coordination activities. The Automation Utilities Engineer will lead small CAPEX projects and day to day activities. The Automation Utilities Engineer will also be the engineering responsible person for the implementation on site standards.Major Accountabilities:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more of the following areas: Building Automaton, Clean Utilities, Black Utilities
- Support Systems architecture, network, Victual Environment, User Accounts and System Patching.
- Troubleshoots automaton and computer system related issues and develops sound engineering solutions to address identified problems for assigned systems
- Routinely interact with internal manufacturing, QA, MS&T, validation, and EHS personnel to achieve project and production goals
- Engage with both internal maintenance personnel and external vendors for issue resolution
- Seeks out and implements performance and reliability improvements to positively impact production rates, efficiencies, and costs.
- Performs engineering tasks for the design, procurement, fabrication and/or commissioning associated with standard or custom Building Utilities.
- Plans the execution of start-up and commissioning activities on assigned systems or areas.
- Support the development of engineering standards and best practices.
- Independently leads small engineering projects
- Own or support change control to support complex engineering projects as well as leading cross functional teams.
- Participate in site audits by health authorities or other regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA)
- Deliver small CAPEX projects for new and modified utilities equipment by providing URS, Project plan, budget, project management, costs control, commissioning and documentation.
- Coordinate with the user team to ensure that the projects are according to the Seqirus utilities standard requirements.
- Responsible person in engineering for the establishment and deployment of an Energy program in the plant. Develop and maintain metrics and regular reports to wider audience.
- Creates and maintains various GMP documents like drawings (P&IDs, layout), procedures, standards, specifications.
- Responsible for identifying Energy savings evolutions.
- On-Call Support
- BS Engineering or related field required
- Minimum 3 years, 7 years preferred experience in Building Automation engineering in Pharma Industry.
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) required
- Design experience or owners experience in process systems utilized in a biopharmaceutical or vaccine manufacturing process
- Established troubleshooting proficiency with complex, automated process systems
- Experience with Primary System Siemens Insight and Desigo CC/DeltaV/Rockwell knowledge/OSI PI, Computer System Virtual Environment and networking.