This role will perform engineering and related support services for National Grid civil and structural projects on an as needed basis. Services may be comprised of civil, hydraulic, structural, geotechnical, and AutoCAD support. Work may include, but is not limited to, engineering support for site inspections and preparation of inspection reports, performing design analyses, peer technical review, preparation of calculations and contract drawings, contract specifications, cost estimating, and construction inspection services.
- Hydraulics and Hydrology Engineering: Model, analyze and design various marine structures. Perform permeability tests and prepare certification reports for fuel oil secondary containments.
- Structural Engineering: Analyze and design various new structures and modifications to existing structures including turbine and boiler buildings, gas turbine facilities, marine wharf structures, and structural foundations. Designs could consist of structural steel, reinforced concrete, timber, aluminum and masonry.
- Geotechnical Engineering: Perform geotechnical analyses and design. These services may include but are not limited to: bulkhead analysis and design, soil/structure interaction analysis for new and existing foundations, grading and site development, trenching and shoring design.
- General Engineering: Perform engineering design for various projects such as new roadway grading and paving design, building envelope restoration for various façade and roof systems, and general facility inspections related to structural steel, concrete and masonry, and waste water.
- Project Management: Manage various projects. These tasks could consist of field inspections, developing cost estimates, establishing schedules, creating technical document development, review construction documents which include plans, specifications and bid packages.
- Asset Management: Assess assets, develop plans and provide assurance for the continued reliability of our assets.
- Full size design drawings reviewed and approved by a NYS Proffessuonal Engineer. Plans shall be submitted as directed by National Grid. Digital copies of drawings shall be submitted in AutoCAD 2017 or older drawing files and in PDF format.
- Calculation packages reviewed and approved by a NYS Professional Engineer.
- Material and Service Specifications
- Inspection & Technical Reports
- Work Progress Reports/Logs
- Cost and Schedule Estimates
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Master’s degree in civil engineering preferred
- 3 to 5 years of civil engineering or related experience
- PE license, PE EIT certificate preferred or ability to obtain PE license