Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
The QUALCOMM SoC Infrastructure team currently has an opening for a junior level embedded software engineer focused on device driver development at the hardware/software interface. This role involves development activities for a range of low-level device drivers that directly control hardware, i.e. digital clocks, voltage regulators, GPIOs, interrupts, buses, etc. This position requires significant collaboration with hardware designers to understand, improve, and document hardware/software interfaces and candidates must be comfortable working across both hardware and software domains. Most software will be written in C and will run on a range of ARM and DSP based processors. Additional automation and tooling will be written in Python.
The Ideal candidate will have:
• 1-5 years of experience in Embedded Software Development, C, Python
• BS or MS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
Additional qualifications in the following areas are preferred:
• Lauterbach Trace32/JTAG debugging
• Perforce or other SCM tools
• ARM architecture
• Embedded software/device driver development for smartphone, Internet of Things (IoT), or other mobile devices
• Power management software
• Qualcomm products, i.e. MSMs, MDMs, etc.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely."
Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Information Systems
1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
1+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact .