Position summary -
Our client excels at specialized shipbuilding, ship repair, and complex projects in support of our nation's infrastructure and national defense. They build high performance, mission-critical vessels for combatant, unmanned and port security applications as well as ferries, fireboats, survey vessels, tugs, barges, and a variety of steel and aluminum vessels.
Essential functions & primary responsibilities -
The primary role of this Electrical Project Engineer position is to participate in the design and detail engineering efforts to support the variety of construction projects.
- Design vessel electrical systems which meet requirements set forth in the vessel specification, creating models, drawings, and detailed bills of materials.
- Perform all calculations required for electrical systems design. Support estimators during preliminary stages of project.
- Support production personnel during construction phase of project. Participate in sea trials of completed vessels.
- Maintain engineering block library and electrical systems standards documents.
Requirements & Qualifications -
- Experience must include good working knowledge of design spiral, vessel arrangements, structural, electrical, mechanical and outfit details.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents
- Five (5) years of marine experience required, experience in vessel design and construction preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with CFR, Classing Society rules, ABYC, IEEE, and military contracts is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Rhino, Ship Constructor and MS Suite preferred.
The pertinents -
- Permanent Placement
- $78k - $98k DOE
As a values-driven, diversified industrial business operating in six primary locations with 2,300 people in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska, there is plenty to get excited about.
Apply today to get ahead of the pack and be noticed.