Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the
global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is
a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through
retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red
Baron ®, Tony's ®, Big Daddy's ®,
Villa Prima and Freschetta ® pizza; Mrs. Smith's ®
and Edwards ® desserts; and Pagoda ®
Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit .
We are hiring an EHS Manager for our Marshall, MN team. This position is responsible for ensuring
safe working environment for all employees by implementation and monitoring
facility safety programs and developing controls for all areas of property and
casualty risks. Oversees the facilities and all contractors/vendors are in
compliance with all Federal State and Local Safety and Environmental
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food
company. For the right candidate, the Associate Production Supervisor role is a starting point on
the path to a Production Supervisor.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic,
good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of
- Maintains all safety reports, logs and other documentation to
ensure compliance with federal, state and local agencies.
- Facilitates all government safety inspections for designated
location(s) and responds in a timely manner in coordination with facility
management to inquiries/inspections by loss control service provider and
government agencies (OSHA, EPA, Insurance Carrier etc.).
- Develops, maintains and implements safety/environmental
procedures, programs, incentive programs and awareness material to reduce,
control and eliminate occupational safety/environmental and health
- Develops and provides direction for Safety Committees.
- Performs accident investigations, conducts safety audits to
ensure compliance with company & governmental regulations, ensures
understanding and enforcement of plant safety rules.
- Provides special training programs, including Supervisor
safety training and special employee safety training programs, maintains
accident records and supporting documentation.
- Ensures that facility and all contractors/vendors are in
compliance with all Federal, State, and Local safety/environmental
regulations and compliance to include timely submission of all
environmental reports with the appropriate interface with regulator agency
personnel and lost control service providers.
- Conducts environmental audits to ensure compliance with
company and governmental procedures and regulations.
- Undertakes or directly supervises the undertaking of
identification of hazards, evaluation of risk and the design and
implementation of hazard control measures applicable to research projects,
teaching, fieldwork, purchasing plant equipment and chemicals and service
- Maintains appropriate documentation of procedures and
interventions arising from risk assessment, including occupation health
and safety considerations in the design specification, purchase, hire,
lease and supply of new plant equipment, materials, products and
substances used in the work place
- Ensures the provisions of plant safety systems and personal
protective equipment required to control the risk of hazards in the
- Facilitate the reporting of workplace hazards to the
person(s) who can implement corrective action
- Oversee the implementation of corrective action arising from
an accident investigation and hazard reports
- Manages, trains and develops subordinates if applicable
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates
(if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company
mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 7-9 years related work experience
- Previous Management Experience in Risk Management/Safety area.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations with respect to OSHA, Workers' Compensation, ADA, EPA regulations, USDA and other applicable Acts and a demonstrated/leadership role.
- Experience in Loss Control, Consulting, or Industrial Health and Safety.
- Experience in Managed Care, Return-To- Work, and/or Claims Management.
- Ability to effectively supervise employees.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training sessions and give presentations to small and/or large groups of people.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.