EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Help build and develop a pipeline of school bus drivers for specific location (regional area). In this role you will be responsible for assisting in creating and implementation of action plans in order to achieve long and short-term recruiting goals and execute specific sourcing strategies. The Driver Recruiter will be challenged with the creation and maintenance of industry contacts as well as benchmarking against others in the market. The Driver Recruiter will also assist Harlow's competitiveness in specific regions and identify trends and concepts to meet those needs. This position is a gateway to a career of motivating challenges, celebrated victories and limitless opportunities.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- All positions are required to know, understand and follow all corporate guidelines as outlined in the company handbook.
- All positions are required to follow federal, state, local and company safety guidelines and procedures at all times while working on company premises or doing company business.
- All positions will at times be required to perform company related duties beyond the scope of the job title and description.
- Assist in development and execute recruiting plans.
- Operate and safely drive a school bus in either good or adverse weather, road and traffic conditions while transporting passengers to school or special events. Comply with traffic regulations while operating vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Participate in offsite recruiting such as job fairs and community event to engage potential candidates and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Network through contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and employees.
- Assist in tracking measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process so that the processes are transparent and measurable. Strive to exceed continuous improvement goals.
- Coordinate and implement on-site & remote recruiting initiatives.
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Work closely with location manager(s) and trainer to confirm training, test dates, and start dates.
- Develop and maintain positive, trusting relationships with drivers.
- General knowledge of word, excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Knowledge or willing to learn social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or failure of the recruitment system from position opening to onboarding.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- Creative with out of the box solutions.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have or obtain/maintain CDL license with appropriate endorsements
Education: Associates Degree
Experience: Preference will be given to those with experience in the transportation industry and sales experience.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and appropriately gather and analyze information.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to maintain confidentiality, be open to innovative ideas, and work successfully both on an independent basis and on a team. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with a wide range of management styles within the Company and build community relationships.
- Oral Communication: Ability to organize thoughts and speak persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills and conduct effective meetings.
- Written Communication: Strong writing skills using good spelling, punctuation, grammar; detail-oriented in editing written documents; ability to present numerical and statistical data effectively; and ability to accurately interpret and communicate written information.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to ensure the timely completion of projects and development of realistic action plans.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability: Able to quickly adapt and respond to a rapidly changing work environment and manage competing demands in a productive manner.
- Dependability: Demonstrated ability to consistently be at work and on time as scheduled, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Experience with Social Media (Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter, etc.) very helpful.
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic.
CATEGORY: Human Resources
BONUSES / INCENTIVES:
RATE OF PAY:
DIVISION: Harlow's School Bus Service
LOCATION: Washington, Auburn