SUMMARY: The successful Drafter will have the ability to complete working shop drawings in a timely and professional manner while identifying possible problems with design and construction. Must be a good communicator and bring a positive attitude to the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create complete working shop drawings.
- Read and understand architectural drawings.
- Organize shop drawing layouts to be usable and readable by all parties from within or outside the company.
- Identify possible problems with designs and construction and communicate with Project Manager.
- Help design for structural and shop standards.
- Research and identify hardware and materials.
- Create sketches for vendor's use on buy-out items.
- Communicate with part-listers and programmers in helping to create part lists.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in design/drafting preferred. Woodworking experience helpful. Computer and organizational skills required. Proficient in AutoCAD. Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor 3D skills required. Ability to read architectural drawings and visualize design intent. Positive attitude essential.
Varied hours may be required as necessary. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
***This company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE COMPANY REMAINS AN "AT-WILL" EMPLOYER. Qualified employees who require reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position should notify the Human Resource Director. ***