Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Division Risk Manager is responsible for enhancing policies and procedures, coordinating all FDIC/Internal/Third Party regulatory examination and audit requests related to areas of responsibility, and identifying and overseeing implementation of process improvements. Will collaborate closely with the Risk Management department to design operational risk policies and monitor adherence to those policies within the business. Creates and maintains standards and processes for the execution of risk programs in areas of responsibility while demonstrating the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strategic risk leader in the first line of defense, enhancing senior management's ability to dimension, anticipate and manage operational and other enterprise risks effectively.
- Guides team in improving and providing regular updates of various practices, reports, policies, and procedures with the Risk Management department.
- Oversees team processes and updates policies to reflect improvements.
- Maintains necessary training to be well informed of regulatory and industry practices and informs/trains rest of area as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring all known issues and risk incidents, regardless of source, are tracked and driven to appropriate and timely remediation through the centralized incident tracking database.
- Ensures data collection and reporting on key risk metrics. Reviews and challenges risk metrics and investigates metric breaches.
- Ensures the effective implementation and execution of Operational Risk programs including event data collection, key risk indicators, scenario analysis, and risk and control identification and assessment as well as reporting to the Risk Management department.
- Works with the Risk Management department to develop plans to mitigate operational risk gaps identified through the bank's Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA) process.
- Conducts and/or coordinates various quality control reviews and monitoring covering all key business risks, including key regulatory compliance requirements. Ensures any issues identified in the process are appropriately recorded and escalated.
- Responsible for coordinating initiatives through the New Initiatives Committee process.
- Creates and leads any business unit specific Risk Committees required and participates in the enterprise-wide Management Risk Committee.
- Preserves partnerships and alignment with business executives and senior management as well as the Risk Management department.
- Maintains partnerships and alignment with product providers and negotiates key terms within the contracts for given prospects and existing clients.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation and follow-up skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs; systems integration
- Conceptual Thinking - Identifies the critical and interdependencies among system elements that impact products and performance.
- Leadership, negotiation and influence across multiple levels of organization
- Ability to organize and lead cross-disciplinary teams
Industry and Work Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience within financial services industries preferred
- 2-3 years of operational risk management experience preferred, preferably in financial services
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)