Assist division's associates with the implementation of the Lennar Environmental Management System (LEMS) with emphasis on the storm water, air quality, and wetlands, modules. Regularly interact with the Regional Environmental Manager (REM), regulatory agencies, and division associates.
- Ensure the division's implementation of the LEMS including the Stormwater, Air Quality, Endangered Species, Environmental Site Assessment, and Wetlands modules.
- Possess working knowledge with the form, content and implementation of Air Quality Regulations, the State General Construction Permit, Construction Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans and Best Management Practices.
- Interact with the Regional Environmental Manager on a regular basis.
- Regularly interact with and assist division associates to achieve storm water and air quality regulatory compliance.
- Assist division with the development, preparation, implementation, and updating of the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
- Ensure that the SWPPP and dust control plans are implemented within each of the division's communities.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of the Notice of Intent, Notice of Termination, and Notice of Change for each project requiring coverage under a stormwater construction general permit.
- Review SWPPP prior use in the community. Assist the REM with Content and Adequacy Audits of new SWPPPs, modify SWPPP to meet requirements, and report results to the REM for presentation to division management.
- Assist the REM with SWPPP Implementation audits, documentation of associated corrective actions, and reporting of results.
- Coordinate and document LEMS training for associates and trade partners.
- Coordinate and deliver the division's procedural LEMS program orientation and training to project management team including field associates.
- Assist Area Managers/Construction Managers with storm water and air quality issues.
- Regulatory agency interaction as needed.
- Attend related training courses and seminars suggested by the Regional Environmental Manager.
- Coordinate and ensure the archiving of Community SWPPP's with the Regional Environmental Manager.
- Strive to reduce liability of regulatory notices of violation and subsequent future litigation, penalties and fines.
- Local travel to communities within the division required.
- Create a sense of pride and quality of workmanship, service, and delivering the American dream of secure and quality home ownership.
- 4-year college degree required
- 5 years minimum experience in construction technology, environmental management/engineering, industrial hygiene, or related field experience.
- 3 years minimum experience in homebuilding industry
- Must have working knowledge of laws and regulations relating to SWPPP's, storm water run off and air quality.
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills; Detail oriented.
- High degree of construction knowledge.
- Team player with strong work ethic.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record
- Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.