Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM currently has several ETB candidates in clinical development including MT-3724 and MT-5111. Additional preclinical compounds derived from our ETB platform technology are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at .
The Director of Supply Chain leads the functions responsible for planning and technology, procurement, strategic sourcing and material handling ensuring the planning and delivery of quality ETBs. This role will be both externally and internally facing, improving service levels to and within organization. This position will continue to build and develop MTEM's supply chain function to enable its growing portfolio of clinical stage molecules to be delivered on-time. The Director of Supply Chain will own and be responsible for developing people, processes, and implementing systems to centrally manage the organizations' demand/supply network.
The Director of Supply Chain will provide a vision to integrate and enhance MTEM's supply chain and be a connector for the organization, providing visibility and synchronizing organizational functions from R&D and Process Development through Manufacturing and Finance. This position will champion business technology and its implementation for organizational benefit. The Director of Supply Chain will be driven to develop partnerships and work across functions to deliver on commitments and build organizational value.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement the Supply Chain management strategy, supporting Process Development, Drug Substance and Drug Product (internal and external).
- Promote, lead and implement business technology that enables visibility and decision making.
- Facilitate the demand and supply balance in alignment with organizational goals.
- Provide leadership and organization for the planning process, creating alignment and a singular execution plan.
- Evaluate and implement business tools to promote visibility and effectiveness purchasing, planning.
- Oversee the purchasing team, ensuring efficient purchasing processes.
- Communicate and promote Key Performance Indicators within the SC function and across organizational functions to predict and perform.
- Implement methods/systems/tools to analyze spend, evaluate supplier performance, and manage inventory of materials and finished goods.
- Initiate/lead improvement events that reduce waste, improve quality and enhance performance.
- Oversee and bridge scheduling efforts through applicable functions from the supply plan.
- Provide models, forecasting, options and analytics for decision making purposes.
- Direct the deployment and proper function of the organization's ERP/MRP system.
- Ensuring delivery of the right materials at the right time for internal customers and stakeholders.
- Build and implement strategic sourcing strategy for key goods and services.
- Help build supplier partnerships; promote and maintain healthy relationships with suppliers.
- Oversee receiving and shipments from both internal and external locations ensuring appropriate compliance, control, and delivery.
- Ensure personnel safety, appropriate storage and compliance with all material handling.
- Maintain inventory control, including cycle counting program in collaboration with finance.
- Develop and inform the budget process and its achievement.
- Bachelors' Degree required in Materials and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or applicable discipline with a Masters/MBA in operations preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years leading Materials Management or Supply Chain functions in the biotech industry; some development experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the Supply Chain function, including, but not limited to logistics, planning, finance, regulatory compliance, supplier management and environmental, health and safety.
- Excellent communicator; fluent in cross-functional dynamics and facilitation.
- Agile business leader that can navigate the organization and align cross functional teams
- Demonstrated performance in building and leading high performing teams.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of clinical and commercial biopharmaceutical development.
- Possesses strength working with, and preferably led implementations of, ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience and or certification in Six Sigma or LEAN principles.
- Knowledgeable on project management principles.
- Ability to travel 10-15%
This position has supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to SVP and Head of Manufacturing.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Molecular Templates Inc