At The Standard, you'll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We're looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what's right - across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let's work together.
What You'll Do / Key Responsibilities
The Director of Policy Administration Operations will build, lead, and grow a new program - including associated operational teams - through a business transformation in Employee Benefits Operations.
In this role, you will ensure that processes & roles are aligned for the new technology platform implementation, with customer experience front and center.
As a member of the program leadership team, you will partner with operations leadership to establish success criteria, create a facilitation plan, prioritize changes to mitigate negative customer experience, and ensure a roll-out that minimizes internal inefficiencies & positively affects customers.
Seeing the success of the transformation through will include system testing, user acceptance testing, establishing feedback loops, and ultimately evolving current operating model to desired future state.
The Skills & Background You'll Need
- Demonstrated track record leading through operational change due to technology implementation
- Transformational leadership experience and continuous process improvement
- Experience with the onboarding, development, & performance management of a team of operational staff
- Education: HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's preferred.
- Experience: Ten or more years in operations positions of increasing complexity and responsibility. Three or more years in supervisory positions within the Operations field
- Group insurance experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with Lean, Waterfall, or Agile methodologies is preferred.
Traits of a Successful Candidate
- Ability to develop relationships and collaborate with other departments, departmental advocates, and SMEs to enable success
- Comfort with ambiguity, and ability to influence various levels in the organization that impact future state
- Ability to align resources, eliminate obstacles, and move forward with the "big picture" in mind
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Humble, conscientious, forward-thinking
What You'll Get From Us
- Embark on a multi-year transformation in Employee Benefits Operations! This is an exciting career opportunity to create a new program & evolve it over the next 3-5 years. Be part of the solution as The Standard invests in new technology
- Strong, competitive benefits package with outstanding 401(k) match
- A culture invested in the personal & professional growth & development of each team member
Note: The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. The salary for employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below. The Standard's package also includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
- Please note, eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
$88,500.00 - $154,700.00
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.