Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.Our Team:
How we arrived at Deliverr is different - we are violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites us together is the Deliverr factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. We're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We're based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe - backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, - we're looking for you. Are you ready?What you'll do:
- Responsible for defining and executing on Deliverr's transportation strategy
- Develop a multi-year roadmap for all forms of transportation to scale the Deliverr network
- Source new Carrier Partners in all categories
- Own cost performance and all RF(X) processes including contract negotiations
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and annual plans are executed flawlessly for our customers
- End-to-end ownership of requirements gathering, documentation, planning, and implementation of cost-effective technology solutions for the transportation network
- Review and analyze data points with Carrier Partners to monitor performance on a recurring basis while leading business reviews where appropriate
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual transportation business planning cycles.
- Partner with third party carrier leadership and Deliverr engineering teams to identify and drive process improvements that improve service, iterate technology and growth.
- Own key initiative programs that support Deliverr's strategic direction with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Work with Operational stakeholders to drive execution on the plans and deep dive opportunities for improvement
- Develop and define program scopes, short and long term goals, KPIs, and outline/drive the project plan for achieving those goals on time
- 10+ years of professional experience as the Senior Leader of an organization in Transportation, Logistics, Carrier Management or Supply Chain leading transportation and logistics in a multi-site warehouse, distribution or e-commerce environment with LTL/FTL/Parcel carriers.
- 7+ years of experience with transportation management systems.
- Experienced in leading a software product roadmap in the transportation space
- Proven ability to create a strategic transportation roadmap and execute to it
- Proven track record of developing carrier relationships resulting in improved service, increased capacity and reduced costs.
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex negotiations with carrier providers
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and/or quality
- Keen ability to distinguish internal versus external problem sources to properly focus the correct resources to resolve issues quickly
- Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to adapt in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including usage of Google Sheets/Excel including pivot tables, macros, data links, etc.
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Ability to travel 25% of the time or as required
- Experience working with SQL, creating and running reports
- MBA/Masters in Supply Chain
- Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
Deliverr is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status. Deliverr is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities through the hiring process.Comprehensive benefits for hard working teams.
You'll have a tough challenge to tackle, so we make sure you're covered!
401k PlanApplication for Director of Transportation (Remote)
If you are applying from Canada or Mexico, are you authorized to work in your country of residence?
Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status, etc.) to work legally for our Company in the United States?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?