Do you want to work for the global leader in the language services and technology industry? Are you interested in helping international brands/organizations find and implement solutions that allow them to communicate, operate and sell their products and services efficiently and effectively? And are you the type of person who enjoys working in an innovative and vibrant workplace? Then TransPerfect is for you!
So you like what you hear but haven't worked in 'language' before? That is not a problem, TransPerfect is far from "just a translation agency". Our services portfolio covers everything from business support services such as interpretation, multicultural and digital marketing, SEO and website globalization to multimedia work, video, e-learning and training, and legal support services. All services and client partnerships are aided by best-in-breed software platforms, specialized in optimizing business processes.
That's enough about us - what about you?
We look for and appreciate anyone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in! We offer a fast growth path and provide full training around our services, technology solutions and workflows. Therefore the key skills we are looking for are solid communication and relationship building abilities, keeping a cool head if situations get a bit stressful and really owning your role, taking responsibility for your clients and their business success.
Full details on the role are below:
Position Summary: The position of Director of Strategic Accounts is responsible for developing new business relationships and serving as the first level of support to existing clients. The Director of Strategic Accounts serves as a point of contact for the client, and is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service and consultation services. They will represent client needs and goals internally within TransPerfect to ensure successful project completion and client satisfaction. The Director of Strategic Accounts works any day-to-day project leadership activities including collaborating with clients, account managers, and production teams during the planning and execution phases of each project.
The successful candidate will have solid account management skills, excellent problem solving skills, the potential to design and implement technical solutions, and the ability to build strong relationships with client and internal teams in multiple geographies.
- Lead specific tracks of work for large complex localization projects
- Formulate sales plan to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Strengthen and expand relationships with existing accounts
- Assist in new business development (proposal development, meetings, and presentations)
- Communicate the client's goals, project requirements, and represent the client's interests to the team to ensure client expectations are met and managed.
- Work closely with the project management team to maintain continuous knowledge of project status to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Ensure clients are regularly informed of project status and maintain clear communication with clients to ensure client needs are met and any issues are resolved. Negotiate rates and deadlines with prospective and current clients
- Educate prospective and existing clients regarding the translation process, including TransPerfect's rates, justification for turnaround time and competitors' information
- Develop a regional/national account strategy as well as program level strategies to achieve the stated revenue and margin goals
- Develop an effective understanding of the capabilities, benefits, and competitive advantages of TransPerfect's services
- Effectively grow existing high-level customer relationships within clients
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in account management
- Interest in or previous experience in Strategic Business Development
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in managing complex projects a plus
- Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills