FULL TIME POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Rehab -- Vitality to You is responsible for the efficient management of rehabilitation services in his/her assigned Vitality to You account/pod. This position also assists in integration of rehabilitation services in all settings. The Director of Rehab assumes responsibility for managing the referral sources and preferred partnerships with physician groups and facilities (SNF's, ALF's home health, outpatient clinics, hospitals, etc.) that have oversight of patients referred to Vitality to You. The Director of Rehab -- Vitality to You ensures that the highest standard of rehabilitation services is delivered and maintained.
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient and profitable management of rehabilitation services in assigned Vitality to You pod(s).
2. Provides direct patient care.
3. Executes marketing plans that include specified sales calls, community awareness activities, cold calls, and other designated activities.
4. Participates in transition care meetings and activities that promotes a coordinated post-acute care continuum for all patient served. This includes coordination of care with physicians, SNFs, ALFs, home health providers, outpatient clinics, hospitals, etc.
5. Monitors the standard of clinical services being delivered and maintained in all sites and insures an ethical and compliant product is being delivered.
6. Operationally manages GRS personnel and consultants within facility or home care contracts.
7. Insures accountability to the provision of evidence based care and adherence to care delivery standards by promoting outcomes are the health results that matter for a patient's condition over the care cycle and costs are the total costs of care for a patient's condition over the care cycle.
8. Reviews monthly department and individual therapist outcomes and supports staff in identifying strategies to improve outcomes as needed.
9. Assists therapy staff in identifying and removing barriers to treatment and providing clinical education to meet the needs of the patient.
10. Takes responsibility for the development and support of all staff in their site to include rounding, coaching and mentoring.
11. Assumes responsibility for annual merit evaluation of therapy staff.
12. Assumes responsibility for hiring therapy staff (in conjunction with the Clinical Operations Area Director).
13. Assumes responsibility for daily staffing and utilization with input from treating therapists, consideration of clinical requirements, and recommendations from the Regional Clinical Director.
14. Administers financial controls of revenue and expenses.
15. Assumes responsibility for facility reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
16. Assists Clinical Operations Area Director in annual budget preparation.
17. Assumes responsibility for meeting annual budget goals as set by Clinical Operations Area Director.
18. Assists with clinical orientation and ensures that there is a quality orientation process for new rehab staff.
19. Supports the delivery of the highest standard of rehab services through appropriate utilization of resources, the promotion of clinical programs, and staff development in collaboration with licensed therapists, the Clinical Operations Area Director and the Regional Clinical Director.
20. Promotes all Genesis Health Care products and services whenever possible.
21. Assists Clinical Operations Area Director in identifying and securing new contracts.
22. Develops and maintains relationship with facility management team and staff as a representative of GRS.
23. Ensures that the clinical management of the rehab department, including oversight related to case management, quality improvement, care planning, clinical utilization, and patient identification is overseen.
24. Completes monthly reports and formally reviews them with the facility administration.
25. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more impor¬tantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
26. Performs other related duties as required.
DROV Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Rehabilitation Director