At IHS Markit, we're changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500. In our Engineering and Product Design business line, we leverage advanced technology to connect trusted knowledge to customers' workflows; mitigating risk, increasing efficiency and accelerating innovation. This business line is currently in need of a experienced product manager with deep product discovery expertise to help us explore new growth market opportunities.
In this role - based remotely anywhere in the USA, you will bring passion, curiosity, collaboration, and clarity to lead hypothesis-driven product discovery initiatives. Your experience-informed approach to continuous discovery helps not only ensure product decisions are made with customer input, but will also identify and validate market problems that align with our portfolio and offer significant growth opportunities. The team will learn from your expertise in defining and validating product-market fit.
This individual partners with product teams, sales, marketing and other groups to leverage the strength of our portfolio to maximize value to our customers. The ideal candidate must be a motivated leader who thrives on market curiosity.
- Lead customer discovery to find new market pain points, leveraging our portfolio (IHSM-wide), and drive new customer value
- Guide product discovery team to glean insights around unsolved customer problems and pain points. Comfortable interviewing and conducting observational research (with end users, buyers, and prospects), evidence testing, A/B, and prototype
- Build learning plans, develop assumptions, test hypothesis, and execute experiments
- Maximize learning: document findings, capture learnings, illuminate stories, share data, and evangelize with cross-functional team
- Manage competing priorities for experimentation, research, and learning -maximizing outcomes
- Foster a customer-obsessed experimentation culture by teaching other product managers discovery best practices
- Capture the value of our solutions through competitive market positioning
- Build strong relationships and operate effectively across the organization to achieve results
- Actively engage in day-to-day operations while maintaining a strategic understanding of complex product portfolio and company direction
Experience & Competencies Required:
- 5-8 years of product management including at least 3 years of intensive and extensive product discovery experience
- Highly professional and customer appropriate
- Proven track record of understanding customer needs
- User centered design
- Software product management
- Expert hypothesis writing, customer problem identification
- Phenomenal communicator and storyteller at all levels in the organization, strong English language skills
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, and data analysis skills
- Passionate self-starter with a no-excuses, can-do attitude
- Strong leadership, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Be curious and have a strong desire to learn and adapt
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the month (post covid)
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site:
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role is $91,080. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.