CEVA Logistics provides world-class supply chain solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies across the globe. As an industry leader, CEVA offers customers complete supply chain design and implementation in contract logistics and freight management, alone or in combination. Together with CMA CGM, a leading worldwide shipping group and CEVA's strategic partner, we are able to offer our customers end-to-end logistics solutions. CEVA's integrated global network has facilities in over 160 countries and approximately 58,000 employees; all dedicated to delivering consistently excellent operations and supply chain solutions. In our North American cluster, CEVA has more than 11,000 associates running all of Freight Management and Contract Logistics operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, excellent benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. At CEVA, we are passionate about our people and our people are passionate about supply chain management.
The Director of Operations, domiciled in Southern California, is accountable for providing strategy for all aspects of multiple high-volume supply chain/logistics operations to ensure consistent high level service quality and customer satisfaction, profitability, cost efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures. Ultimately responsible for providing operating leadership to Product Line/Operations, Air, Ocean, Domestic, and Custom Brokerage management oversight of the delivery of services, attainment of profit objectives, business expansion, safety, quality, development of human resources, and the adherence to policy and procedure and statutory regulations.
- Provide Leadership for the Product Line/ Operational development in Air Ocean Domestic and Custom Brokerage of short, immediate, and long-term business development strategies for key customers.
- Develops recommended strategy to implement and monitor improvement programs in cost reduction, revenue growth, quality improvement, safety and best practices across established and new contracts.
- Develop, foster and grow positive and professional relationships with executive level customers and colleagues.
- Provide leadership in coaching, mentoring, personnel selection, professional development and oversight of operations management within company guidelines.
- Lead and manage business case justification for capital and the deployment / allocation of existing and new assets.
- Develop recommended strategy and implement for the start-up of new operations.
- Direct and manage multiple high-volume logistics/supply chain operations within a given industry or region.
- Accountable to maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications and follow-up on all pending customer matters. Full accountability for P & L of sites in area of responsibility.
- Review, analyze and present management and financial reports, budgets, expense reports and forecasts for facilities under responsibility to Senior Leadership.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, 3 PL or Logistics is preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- A combination of Education and experience may be substituted for degree if experience is with Transportation or 3PL.
- Minimum ten to twelve years managing a large logistic operation or Warehouse/Transportation facility required.
- Experience driving revenue growth, retaining customers and managing profitability of multiple sites.
- Minimum seven years in a leadership role required with some experience over multiple, geographically dispersed facilities required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience required.
- Advanced, applied understanding of project management methodologies with focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals
- In depth, experience based knowledge of managing revenue, budgets, EBITDA, operations problem solving, customer service and managing managers.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, and organization skills required.
- Knowledge of Strategic Planning processes. Ability to develop short and long-range project planning and effectively communicate information to diverse work groups required.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a department (purchasing, budget preparations and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses, P & L experience) required.
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma is a plus.
- PC Literate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- 50% or more domestic travel may be required for this position
Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available. The work environment is generally favourable. Lighting and temperature are adequate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear; stand, walk and use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and be able to lift up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.