Director of IT Applications
Duration: 6+ Months CTH
Location: Chicago, IL
We are actively seeking a Director of IT Applications for a contract-to-hire engagement with our client, a leading provider of consumer-facing (mobility) and internal software solutions for the insurance industry.
Fueled by exceptional growth, this role requires a technically astute, "hands-on director" with extensive expertise in the Microsoft development stack.
You will work with developers and architects from a technical management perspective. Approximately 60% management/40% technical
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing the management of multiple software development and quality assurance team efforts of major systems upgrades and mobility development, with an overall staff of 25+ employees and contractors.
- Oversees budgeting, staffing, colleague development and vendor management.
- To provide administrative guidance and controls ensuring availability and productivity; to provide strategic planning; to assure security and integrity of data systems; and to manage vendors and evaluate third party and internally developed products and applications.
- Direct the management, strategic development and deployment of the software applications development departments as an integrated corporate resource.
- Work with implementation and strategic planning colleagues to support efficient technology for internal and customer use; serve as a senior management liaison with other departments.
- 10+ years of systems and development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include six (6) years supervisory or project management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of systems and development
- Excellent project management
- Microsoft .NET Core and Framework (required)
- C# (required)
- TFS and Azure DevOps - from both a source control and task management perspective (required)
- SQL Server - from a development perspective queries, SPs, table definitions, etc. (required)
- Blazor WASM (preferred)
- Silverlight (preferred) - being replaced
- Xamarin (preferred)
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) - MIS or Management
IDEAL Candidate will have extensive experience as an architect and developer, moving up to systems and people management for single, then multiple teams.
This is a Contract-to-Hire position.
- provided by Dice