Timothy Hill is looking for an experienced Director of Finance (Finance Director) to oversee all financial aspects of our Multi-State Non-Profit Residential and Retreat Centers reporting to the Executive Director The Director of Finance will be a hands-on participative manager and will lead all accounting, business planning, financial reporting and budgeting for the organization and all of its geographic locations. This position will assist the ED in the development of and continued analysis of the organization's financial operating model to meet financial and program growth goals.
Establishing targets, performing financial analysis and refining processes as necessary. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to guide the company towards profitability and success.
- Establishing, maintaining, and driving a high-performance Accounting/Finance team.
- Directly overseeing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Merchant Services financial analysis and related functions
- Prepare financial statements and detailed reports on the company's operational performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Audit Agency accounting requirements.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Coordinates with HR to prepare payroll for all employees and handles all issues relative to the payroll.
- Annually prepares the "Standards of Payment" report to NY State and fields follow up questions from OCFS
- Prepares all financial reports required by regulatory and funding agencies for each state. Currently operating in 4 states
- Overall review and top level maintenance of general ledger and journal entries prepared by finance team staff including journal entries showing monthly billings to Medicaid, NYS, NYC all County contracts in all states.
- Special projects and reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in supervisory & financial management role
- Master's Degree preferred
- Non-Profit experience preferred
- CPA a plus
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, corporate management/governance and financial analysis.
- Well versed in MS Excel & ability to adapt to new accounting software/ programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Extensive background check required.
Job Type: Full Time
- Competitive wage and benefit package.
- All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to
Please visit for information on our organization.