Our Director of Cultural Programming is responsible for curating, coordinating and directing the cultural programming for The William Vale property. The DCP is at the forefront of customer service, providing guests with above-and-beyond hospitality to ensure a memorable and genuine experience. This role directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy, which serves as a guide to respective staff while taking the necessary steps to achieve stated objectives in sales, cost containment, employee retention, cleanliness and sanitation. The DCP will act as an exemplary member of the company's hospitality philosophy.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for being an ambassador of hospitality for all events. Must also ensure that everyone who enters the restaurant, hotel, or any F&B outlet, or calls to book an event is made to feel welcome.
• Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
• Direct and curate on property cultural events in order to increase external guest turnout and overall brand exposure.
• Oversee production, programming and execution of all activations.
• In coordination with NoHo Hospitality Group's Director of Public Relations and all third party PR and Marketing companies, coordinate and issue appropriate public information material including press releases, newsletters, brochures, posters and flyers.
• Book and contract with artists for performing, visual and literary arts and is responsible for providing technical assistance with programs.
• Assist with marketing, fundraising and non-profit partnership programs.
• Research and update current cultural programs, resources and interests within the community.
• Solicit volunteer support and coordinate volunteer schedules.
• Help in efforts to curate the local Concierge outreach program in coordination with the hotel Front Office Director.
• Attend pre-event shift meetings with managers and staff.
• Supervise the booked events.
Publicity and Design
• Oversee the creation of all creative materials related to programming and write creative content for The William Vale hotel and NoHo Hospitality Group as needed.
• Develop and implement a web and social media strategy to promote curated events.
• Coordinate monthly calendar of activities for publication and ownership review.
• Oversee and lead the creation of visual marketing for curated events.
• Coordinate production of event signage, didactic materials and publications (web and print.)
Financial and Administration
• Create, track and monitor event budgets.
• Track event attendance.
• Maintain up-to-date statistical records and files on past programming.
• Create and coordinate employee schedules with The William Vale F&B management team.
• Properly maintain events and room block calendar and bookings in coordination with The William Vale hotel's Director of Sales.
Secondary Job Functions
• Prepare monthly forecast of revenues, attendees and labor costs.
• Attend designated F&B and Hotel meetings.
• Conduct weekly departmental meetings.
• Assist in the inventory control of event collateral material.
• Regularly read and review industry publications and other material related to industries and interests of our guests and vendors.