About CDK Global, Inc
CDK Global (NASDAQ:CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data and technology solutions to the automotive, heavy truck, recreation and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end, omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK Global provides solutions to dealers and original equipment manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process, including the acquisition, sales, financing, insuring, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles. Visit cdkglobal.com.
The Director of Network/IPT Engineering is responsible for the successful implementation of networking products within department having 20 consecutive years of growth. Includes: Network LAN hardware (34k installed devices), WAN (10K WAN Enabled Sites, nearly 3K via SDWAN), Telephony (200K active handsets with over 1B minutes of yearly CDK provided voice traffic), Wireless (15K AP's across 3000 sites), Network Security (11k GRE Tunnels), etc… by providing leadership and direction to both the networking and IPT install engineering team. Includes management of staff, resources, services, and solutions that will ensure achievement of timely and effective implementations with the highest level of customer satisfaction. The leader's responsibility will include: developing project planning, capital budgeting, assisting with business plan development, advancing critical technology enablers, and execute projects that serve the customer base. Fulfills a crucial role in ensuring a high degree of cross-functional communication and maintaining relationships with senior-level technical contacts within customer organizations.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Responsible for the integration and management of all network implementation activities required for delivering product installation for CDK's clients; Responsible for client satisfaction, NPS and issue resolution for network product installations.
- Maintains a DAILY rigorous focus on implementation backlog ensuring hands on detail knowledge of project in his/her regions - ensures projects are scheduled quickly and that projects on hold are escalated quickly
- Partners cross functionally as required, to develop and install customized product solutions and ensure the delivery of world-class implementation services for CDK's networking clients
- Partners and collaborates with sales organization to increase market share and reference-able client base
- Identifies and mitigates high-level risks across the team and implementation projects; Manage and diffuse escalations
- Responsible for review and approval of proposed business and allocates resources based on the project demand
- Accountable for making tactical day-to-day and long term strategic decision and activities performed by the team
- Responsible for ensuring Network and IPT Engineers' adherence to Sarbanes Oxley guidelines
- Develops a highly skilled team of Network and IPT Managers and Engineers; Responsible for hiring, developing associates, building bench strength, monitoring performance, driving associate retention, and delivering performance reviews.
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated influence and leadership ability in a matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in strategic customer relationship management. Specific demonstrated experience in interpreting and influencing customer expectations, aligning product performance requirements and delivery schedules to client expectations, and proactively removing conflict from expectation gaps.
- Experience in partnering with Sales in the planning and execution of strategic business development activities (i.e. Request for Proposal (RFP) response, SOW development, etc)
- Must have the ability to diffuse stressful situations in a calm manner with extreme professionalism.
- Must work well at the senior level in the organization with the ability to present to senior management
- Must follow a very rigorous and thoughtful communication format when dealing with escalations ensuring speed of response, thorough details orientation and complete understanding. Avoids piecemeal responses and quickly assumes accountability and command
- Previous network implementation experience required
- 5+ years managing teams and a proven track record building a culture of accountability, follow up and success recognition
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple resources across multiple projects who are working on complex projects simultaneously
- Cisco certification or strong experience working in a Cisco certified organization and complying to Cisco required processes
- Auto dealership experience is a plus
- Understanding of NPS and building a culture around it
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.