At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb is looking for pioneers to build the future of data-driven biomedical research. We are leading the charge in utilizing cutting edge genomic and cellular technologies to find next generation treatments for cancer, heart disease, and other life-threatening medical needs.
As a Research & Early Development IT Business Partner, you are a critical link between scientists and technologists at BMS. You will help translate our research mission into a strategic roadmap of software, hardware, and data solutions. Help us build transformative digital capabilities to accelerate scientific discovery.
Partner with the scientists and Research leaders in the ImmunoOncology and Cell Therapy Thematic Research Center (IOCT TRC) within Research and Early Development (R&ED) to understand their information technology and digital enablement needs. Formulate IOCT TRC IT strategy, based upon internal and external input, assessment of business capabilities, needs, and opportunities, and align with the overall BMS IT and R&ED IT strategy. Work closely with the matrix IT organization to provide domain expertise, take overall accountability for the successful design and execution of the programs and projects
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills to establish strong partnership, trust and rapport with senior leaders and scientists in IOCT
- Recognized as a thought leader and trusted advisor in IOCT IT; Influences the strategic thinking of senior business leaders and helps business leaders to include future digital capabilities into their planning; perceived as a capable leader who plans and delivers digital capabilities, safeguards their digital assets and supports their strategic goals.
- Drive the development of realistic and actionable multi-year strategic digital capability roadmaps that are informed and prioritized by business and IT in an enterprise context.
- Lead the development of strong and clear business cases for near term and long term digital capability investments aligned with detailed user requirements, business value and enterprise platform strategy. Ensure that integrated, scalable and scientifically robust solutions are implemented
- Articulate the need of IOCT business functions to appropriate IT groups including Enterprise Information Management, Business Intelligence and Analytics, domain/enterprise architecture
- Leverage analytical skills to facilitate the design of data models, data standards and analysis tools for the IOCT community as well as other key stakeholders.
- Drive change - ensures effective planning, execution and communication of business change management to support digital capability investments, including business process changes to achieve maximum value from investments.
- Own the ultimate delivery of value to the scientific user base. Responsible for building and managing effective business partnership at all levels during project execution. Fully accountable for delivering the value proposition of IT.
- Provide project management leadership where necessary. Empower build & run teams: Understand IT business partner accountabilities throughout the plan/build/run cycle and builds empowered and trusting partnerships with IT build &run team members at all levels.
- Ensure that the Digital Delivery teams make the right trade-offs between speed, quality and cost and that the value is being captured from the entire lifecycle of the IT investment
- Collaborate with support resources in the IT organization to provide responsive, sustainable support for systems and capabilities.
- MS or PhD or advanced scientific degree, in one of the following: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computational Sciences, Biomedical Informatics, Research Informatics, or related areas with deep expertise in relevant informatics/IT platforms and solutions
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 to 10 years of proven experience in envisioning and implementing innovative and state-of-the-art digital solutions for experimental scientists, including, laboratory information management systems including Electronic Lab Notebooks, LIMS, smart laboratories
- Deep understanding of scientific understanding of IT needs of scientists engaged in Cell Therapy research
- Expertise in scientific metadata, ontologies used for scientific data, hierarchical and semantic modeling of scientific data
- Proficiency with FAIR data in scientific research
- Experience in creating a digital strategy for R&ED IT / Informatics
- Demonstrated success in leading highly matrixed teams
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex solutions following appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Experience with Agile software development desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Associated topics: algorithm, c#, develop, developer, devops, matlab, php, sde, software development engineer, software engineer