Responsible for ensuring standard plant architecture design specifications, construction standards and established SLA standards are followed for all residential and commercial construction. Attainment of budgeted financial objectives for the Construction Organization. Meet budgeted miles and passing in the approved business plan for the year.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures accurate tracking of residential and commercial construction projects.
- Implements and enhances consistent construction practices in the development of a reliable and high performing HFC platform.
- Ensures Construction QC program complies with corporate standards.
- Ensures a high degree of cross functional communication in line with commercial business and field operations.
- Ensures all construction projects are completed on-time and within budget, with regard to project costs and budgeted miles and passings.
- Authorize company expenditures related to construction activities.
- Assist in preparing annual budget.
- Participate in decision making surrounding selection of Regional HFC design platform and introduction of design technology in support of near and long term strategic needs.
- Ensure effective workflow processes are in place to maintain database accuracy approaching 100%, including as-built changes, restoration activity as-built changes, and new extension as-builts.
- Evaluate/oversee as-built mapping and database updates for existing deployed infrastructure.
- Serve as Regional expert on optical fiber technology, including best practices related to installation and restoration, wavelength management, fiber count management, and spare fiber management.
- Support HFC Analysts in terms of appropriate access to usable electronic design maps and highest level training in complex HFC design, both theoretical and practical.
- Support Region/MAs with strategic planning/execution of OSP projects. Interface with ISP team and derive recommend best procedures for overall OSP project success.
- Responsible for acting as a subject matter expert to field operations as requested.
- Responsible for a large geographic area away from the MA office or responsible for multiple states
- Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of company products and services
- Extensive Knowledge of HFC, Advanced Video, and IP Networks
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Advanced knowledge of Cable HFC design platforms, Lode Data, SpatialNet and BentleyComms
- Advanced knowledge of Cable Fiber design systems
- Working background in GIS and Geocoding
- Working expertise in HFC construction best practices
- Proven ability to lead and train field technicians in design concepts and practical application of design theory
- Advanced knowledge of data transport technologies including optical and HFC systems
- Advanced knowledge of CWDM/ DWDM wavelength configuration and management.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Construction experience 8-10
Management experience 5+
Experience with all types of telecommunications construction practices and
techniques, including material management
Project management experience preferred EFR700 287766 287766BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $90,600. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.