Help at Home is hiring Direct Support Professionals ? Now Paying $13 per hour for all Illinois locations!
Join the nation's leading provider of high-quality support, committed to delivering a gold standard of care to our clients.
We are looking for compassionate and dependable caregivers to support our mission to keep seniors and people with disabilities living independently within their homes and communities.
Our Direct Support Professionals primarily assist our clients with developmental disabilities with their activities of daily living, allowing them to continue participating actively in their communities.
Help at Home truly cares about our employees, and we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Flexible scheduling that allows employees to maintain unemployment and does not interfere with stimulus package relief
- Quarantine and Hazard pay for employees exposed to COVID on the job
- Health care plans with expanded medical coverage to ensure no-cost testing and greater flexibility in maintaining coverage (on HAH plans only)
- Help at Home Cares Fund to provide financial support for employees in need
- Cash incentives/hiring bonuses for new employees in most locations
- Paid time off and vacation time
- Paid travel time and mileage reimbursements
- Industry-leading training and development opportunities
- Compassionate, professional management teams
- Home Assistance ? Provide light housekeeping, run errands, and transport/accompany clients to appointments and assist with medications. Provide personal assistance with general living needs which could include preparing meals, bathing, feeding, toileting, and grooming.
- Companionship ? Provide companionship and conversation by stimulating, encouraging and assisting an individual. Accompany clients to activities and events within the community such as grocery shopping and other errands.
- Communication/Reporting ? Report proactively on client updates and statuses, ensuring a positive environment with healthy communication; In partnership with family members, develop trust and offer emotional support; Alert clinical staff when concerns with client wellness arise.
- High school degree or GED required, along with access to reliable transportation
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities strongly preferred but not required
- Commitment to serving our clients and their property with dignity, patience, compassion, and respect
- Recognition of the needs and concerns of others, and the ability to build strong client-centered relationships without regard to location, socio-economic environment, medical diagnosis, ethnic origin or religion
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the willingness to work weekends or evenings in order to support clients
- Dedication to professional development, including completion of organizational and state-required training
In order to be employed as a Direct Support Professional, candidates must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits, time off and bonuses vary by state and location so please ask for complete details at your interview.