Dining Services Director of Operations
US-MN-Minneapolis | US-MN-SAINT PAUL
Requisition ID: 265
Shift: Day Shifts & Night Shifts
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and is now hiring a Dining Services Director of Operations in your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we'd love to have you on our team!
What We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Manages multiple District Managers and accounts in an assigned geographic area according to policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure that Dining Services quality standards, inventory levels, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Maintains records of income and expenditures, supplies, personnel and equipment.
- Ensures that all required in-services are provided and documented for each employee in geographic area.
- Is able to perform the job assignments of the district manager, account manager, and all front-line staff positions as necessary.
- Runs and reviews Blueforce reports, approves payroll, issues and reviews Employee Warning Notices and assists/participates in the open enrollment process by providing information and collecting applications and waivers as necessary.
- Is fiscally prudent and accurately projects revenue and costs.
- Regularly markets our services to prospective clients, generating net profits.
- Conducts business and social interactions that portray HCSG in a positive light at all times.
- Consistently maintains a professional demeanor and ethical standards consistent with promoting a positive image.
- Up to 90% travel required.
- Consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- Bachelor's degree in management or related field is required.
- Extensive relevant work experience (5+ years) with a proven track record of success at the District levels may be grounds for consideration.
- Two years experience in dining and nutrition services in a healthcare environment and personnel supervision is required.
- Must be able to successfully complete regulatory compliance courses and identify issues and implement necessary changes.
- Self-starter, capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team in a diverse environment with highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Successful P&L and budgetary management; exceptional organizational and time management skills with a proven track record of growing accounts.
- Must be able to relate professionally and positively with staff and healthcare facility executives utilizing excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and management skills.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and has successfully developed and delivered game changing initiatives which have resulted in home runs in terms of sales and profit growth.
- Highly effective collaborator with internal as well as external resources.
- Very results oriented and takes ownership of goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify and highlight issues early on and quickly develop and execute plans to address.
- Challenges the status quo, proven track record of driving change and teaching & motivating individuals to develop & implement new ways of thinking and doing business.
- Travel is as required, for account/facility visits and participation in area.
- Willingness to relocate and live in the assigned market.
- Must submit to a Motor Vehicle Check and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Intermediate or above computer skills; with the ability to learn new software programs instituted by HCSG.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- COVID-19 vaccine where required in accordance with State law and/or location preference.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
HCSG is one of the largest providers of environmental, dining, and nutritional services, and as such, we continually seek out motivated and professional leaders to join our team! Our firm commitment to training provides all of our associates with ample opportunity for self-improvement and professional growth. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCSG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities..