We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision by the Halliburton Digital Solutions (HDS) director, the Digital Architecture leader will review, advise, and influence the digital architectures of the 13 Halliburton businesses (i.e.,?Product Service Lines, PSLs). This individual will have a deep command of modern computational architectures and digital patterns. They well respected by their peers and be recognized for numerous past launches of successful digital products / platforms. This leader will be well spoken with the ability to lead technical discussions that involve their like-minded peers within the PSLs.
- Defines reference architectures and defines specific PSL implementation architectures to help upgrade and interconnect the digital platforms current used by the PSLs.
- Technically influences & challenges other architects, developers, scientists, and engineers in their thinking and plans. Helps brainstorm alternative ways to accomplish a specific PSL goal while adding to the greater Halliburton digital equity.
- Works with senior leadership to generate the digital roadmaps for Halliburton. These roadmaps will acknowledge and incorporate all PSLs, regardless of their current state or digital maturity.
- Leads a group of 3-6 architects and subject matter experts (SMEs) that compliment his / her domain knowledge. The team will be comprised of experts that are steeped in areas such as testing (QA), security, cloud, development practices, etc.
- An undergraduate degree in a Computer Science-related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Candidates with a master's and/or PhD will be prioritized.
- A minimum of five to ten years broad senior technical experience. (Previous experience in O&G is not required.)
- Expansive and deep knowledge across numerous digital infrastructures, platforms, tools, and technologies, both architecturally and operationally (e.g., microservices, Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, and security).
- Experience migrating legacy monolithic applications to service-oriented, cloud-optimized architectures.
- A demonstrated enjoyment in deepening his / her existing technical skills while learning new ones.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor other architects, developers, and scientists.
- The talent to think strategically, execute tactically, while providing tailored guidance to both technical and business partners.
- Embodies emotional intelligence and active-listening skills to orchestrate deep-dive technical discussions and technical design workshops.
- The aptitude to conceptualize solutions to highly complicated technology opportunities and defend technical decisions, with facts and research.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 13 years of related experience or through 17 years of software development experience. Completion of a masters in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
*** Candidates outside of the oil & energy industry are encouraged to apply***
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 91219
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: