Call or Apply Online Below! ***$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!!! Join the industry leader! KAG is North America's largest independent fuels delivery and bulk liquids carrier. At KAG, we pride ourselves on providing the safest and highest quality service to our customers by delivering every load on time, without incident. If you want to contribute to KAG's excellent tradition of innovation and leadership in the logistics and transportation industry, we invite you to apply! Our team members help us achieve our Vision of revolutionizing transportation and logistics within the liquid bulk industry through our national scale, advanced technology and an uncompromising commitment to be the employer of choice.
This position is required to safely and accurately perform general property and vehicle maintenance & repair duties in and around the shop operations in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge and understanding basic preventative maintenance and repair techniques of Class 5 through Class 8 commercial vehicles to include tank trailer inspection and maintenance related to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations is required.
- Perform general cleaning and repair duties
- Assist other technicians in performing preventive/repair of facilities and equipment to include trucks, tractors and trailers
- Create and complete work order entries. Maintain work order and vehicle maintenance records
- Conduct all levels of preventive maintenance functions such as regular servicing of vehicles including oil changes, and equipment inspections
- Electrical diagnostics, repair and replacement.
- Assist in physical parts inventory, receiving and proper charge out of parts to work orders
- Learn and become proficient utilizing the company's maintenance software program to create and complete work orders
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in heavy-duty vehicle maintenance & repair
- Holds a current Air Brake Certification in compliance with FMSCR 396.25 or has at least 1 year of verifiable experience with the ability to obtain Air Brake Certification through KAG
- Current certified as a (DOT) commercial motor vehicle inspector in compliance with FMSCR or has at least 1 year of verifiable experience under a qualified inspector with the ability to obtain (DOT) commercial motor vehicle inspector certification through KAG
- Valid driver's license
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic set of technician tools -- in accordance with KAG list
Kenan Advantage Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Call or Apply Online Below! Salary: . Date posted: 07/15/2021