The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here.
Brink's U.S., a division of Brink's, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for an Armored Vehicle Technician
The Armored Vehicle Technician is responsible for the troubleshooting, diagnostics and maintenance of all fleet vehicles at the branch. The Technician will determine actions that prevent the least amount of impact on fleet availability and customer service by managing fleet repairs completed by a third party vendor. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.
- Repair and maintain company owned vehicles and equipment.
- Inspect, repair, maintain and test vehicles & equipment at prescribed maintenance intervals of mileage, time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Inspect, test and align truck, van and light-duty equipment lights and to maintain electrical systems and controls.
- Maintain and repair brakes, braking systems, engines and all related chassis components.
- Maintain vehicle and adjust equipment to standards set by state or federal DOT for motor vehicle inspection and safety standards.
- Have the knowledge to use gauges, drills, grinders, measuring devices or other specialized equipment as required.
- Account for time by completing time cards and repair orders on a daily basis.
- Send completed paperwork to Fleet Data Entry based on company standards and guidelines
- Maintain parts inventory levels, notify of potential safety issues, and communicate other issues on a daily bases to the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of direct mechanic experience on light, medium, and heavy equipment - or vocational training, trade or technical school degree/certification of completion.
- Must possess the necessary skills and abilities to perform the duties normally associated with the diagnosis, maintenance and repair of light, medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL B license with the proper endorsements as needed. (I.E: Air Brake Endorsement) Class B license must be obtained within 90 days of hire date. Branches that have Tractor Trailers will require that the service technician have a Class A CDL with air brake endorsement.
- Must be able to maintain a valid DOT physical card.
- Must be able to maintain a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to adhere to all safety policies and procedures, I.E. work boots (no sneakers), eye, ear, and hand protection etc.
Service Technician must own and maintain standard tools needed to perform the task described in the job description and replace said tools as required.
An example of these tools are box and open end wrenches up to 1-1/4" in size, 1/4",3/8", and 1/2" drive sockets and ratchets up to 1-1/4" in size, screwdrivers, hammers, basic test meters, 1/2" & 3/8" impact wrenches. 3/8" and 1/2" impact sockets up to 1-1/4" (The is an example of some of the tools required and not a complete list)
- Education or training at an accredited trade school a bonus; ASE Certified
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud.
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.