MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This role is for a Development Project Manager to join a leading Real Estate Developer in downtown Chicago working on construction projects within hospitality, commercial, and multifamily markets.
My client is a leading Real Estate Developer that focuses on investing and developing luxury construction projects within hospitality, multifamily, and commercial markets. They have been developing and investing in real estate over the past 30 years throughout the Chicagoland area and United States. With recently completing the financing for two large hospitality and multifamily projects valuing over $500M total, they have a strong pipeline of work planned through 2024.
My client is seeking a Project Manager for real estate development construction projects specifically within luxury hospitality, multifamily, and commercial projects. This role will report directly into the VP of Construction and will be an independent role with no direct reports and complete ownership of your projects. The role of the Project Manager will include the following:
- Tracking, managing and communicating key risks and issues with a focus on the identification, analysis, communication, and escalation of key project risks to key stakeholders.
- Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk with management support.
- Providing key updates the project team.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure Client approvals, and issue change orders.
- You will demonstrate the ability to contribute to the culture, growth and development of a team by providing onsite leadership to ensure performance criteria and standards are being met.
- Experienced running construction projects from conception to completion. Managing subcontractors, vendors, working with architects, etc.
This role is excellent for Project Manager within the construction industry looking to continue their growth upwards in joining a Real Estate Developer. My client intends to continue to grow their team significantly in the coming years and therefore an excellent opportunity to be joining during such an exciting stage in their growth.
Apply today for consideration within 24 hour of resume submission.
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture.
- 3-7+ years of successful completion of construction projects as an Estimator or Preconstruction Manager
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Prolog
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- A strong knowledge of construction industry laws, contracts, finances, insurance claims avoidance, and liability aspects
- Knowledge of construction engineering principals: methods, schedules, estimating, materials, and sequencing
- Ability to be successful within a very relaxed, non-structured work environment
- Base salary between $75,000 to $100,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related bonus structure & equity within the company
- Development Project Manager title
- 401K plan
- Flexible PTO days - relaxed culture around this
- Car allowance
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave