Must- Haves (Hard Skills) Nice-To- Haves (Hard Skills) Please review the job description outlined below at least 7 years specializing in Windows desktop, server and enterprise technologies. Must- Haves (Soft Skills) Nice-To- Haves (Soft Skills) Degree Requirements Degree Preferences : Bachelor's Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 8 - 12 years of related experience, including at least 7 years specializing in Windows desktop, server and enterprise technologies. Overview of work environment/workspace Typical office environment. How will this role interact and support the team?
Size of team? Performs predetermined work assignments with detailed instructions. Follows established guidelines, procedures and policies. Details of the project this role will support NRC / EUCS contract What have others done to succeed in this position? What do you foresee as the biggest challenge of this assignment/role? What is a typical work day? Standard Any growth & development opportunities within role/greater team? Yes, potential temp to hire
- Assist in the enterprise images' architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the organization's desktop infrastructure environments including installation, upgrades, software deployment, patching, and high-level troubleshooting.
- Develop and document architectural design for endpoint hardware (both physical and virtual) as well as operating systems configurations and management capabilities.
- Perform secure baseline image creation and tailoring of Windows operating system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline.
- Conduct Windows 10 Readiness and Compatibility Assessment of hardware, software, and infrastructure environment.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Develop Windows 10 Base Image, crafting the operating system and GPO settings so that they integrate with all enterprise hardware and software.
- Create / maintain custom task sequences and other custom code for front-end image management
- Validate that each image meets the customers' supplied requirements and internal quality guidelines
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent and predictable services
- Ensure that the images load without errors and completely in all supported scenarios (e.g. Vendor staging, DMA, bare metal re-image, USB Flash Drive, USB Drive, Network, etc.)
- Work in close relation with the Release Manager and Application Packagers.
- Maintain documentation of their activities and having checklists for the various tasks in their respective area of responsibility.
- Open and follow-up on incidents with the hardware vendors in the event of a problem relating to A supported hardware platform
- Keep abreast of changes occurring in the client environment that could have an impact on deliverables.
- Ensure that the drivers and UEFI/BIOS levels and configurations are certified.
- Conduct sanity testing of images before it is handed out for QA testing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 8 - 12 years of related experience, including at least 7 years specializing in Windows desktop, server and enterprise technologies.
Working understanding of Active Directory including Kerberos, GPO, LDAP, and basic Forest/Domain design/deployment.
Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of group policy objects (GPOs).
Proficient in scripting, PowerShell a must.
Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows security technologies
Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Ability to create packages, deployments, task sequences, and site configuration and troubleshooting.
Familiar with Microsoft Windows OSD (Operating System Deployment) principles and implementation including Sysprep, Windows Image Format (WIM), Unattended automation, User State Migration Tool (USMT), Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE), and Preboot Execution Environment (PXE).
Microsoft Windows 7 through Windows 10 operating systems build-out, imaging and deployment, backup & restore, patching, hardware management, resource management and allocation, troubleshooting, vendor management, critical incident response.
Windows Servers: 2012 R2, 2016 (physical and VM) experience highly desired.
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
RCMTechnologies, (USA) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. RCMT encourages applicants of all ages.