GEOTECHNICAL DEPARTMENT MANAGER
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Environmental Engineering and Building Sciences as part of Intertek's ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Building and Construction Services. We are seeking an experienced Geotechcnical Department Manager to join our Kennesaw, GA operations.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of Geotechnical capabilities, including drilling, geophysical testing, laboratory testing and engineering. From engineering, testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
** The Geotechnical Manager will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Geotechnical operations in Georgia, including mentoring Geotechnical Engineering and technical staff, business development and financial management.
- Responsible for overall management of Geotechnical Engineering Services, including P&L responsibility.
- Direct and execute Geotechnical project assignments including, engineering analysis and report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
- Provide senior review of proposals and reports and ensure that commitments to clients are met.
- Client relations and business development activities
- Responsible for the mentoring and training of senior and junior professional staff and technicians.
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
- BS Civil Engineering (MS in Geotechnical is highly desired).
- Minimum of 5-10 years of Geotechnical experience
- Must have Professional Engineering License (P.E.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and related disciplines with the ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet the client's needs in South Florida.
- Must speak and write English fluently.
- GDOT Experience preferred
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek-PSI is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.