SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Looking for a talented and passionate engineer to join engineering team who will be responsible for maintaining administering, developing, supporting, and managing various DBMS products and including data integration and intelligence tools for SaaS platform. This role requires someone with strong technical, problem-solving skills who is trustworthy and results- and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills. The candidate should exhibit skills on DBMS and data administration working in data management team to on support various Database vendor products, solve challenging issues, design and implement database solutions and also administer ETL and BI tools. Performs installation, configuration, administration, technical support, troubleshooting assistance, and tuning of software application products. Intermediate professional working on projects of a moderate scope or on varied tasks that require resourcefulness, self-initiative, and significant independent judgement. Demonstrates a developing functional knowledge to evaluate the implications of issues and make recommendations for solutions.
- Administer and manage various DBMS and user access control (Oracle/MySQL).
- Develop and enforce database standards, guidelines and operational policies and procedures.
- Monitoring, troubleshoot, and tune SQL performance and database issues.
- Review and assist in data migration Plans.
- Assist in developing purge/archive criteria and procedures for historical application data.
- Implement, maintain, and test backup & recovery strategies.
- Create instances and databases with appropriate initialization parameters and database structures (i.e., datafiles, rollback segments, tablespaces, etc.)
- Implement and review appropriate security guidelines/mechanisms.
- Review and monitor system and instance resources to insure continuous database operations (i.e., database storage, memory, CPU, network usage, and I/O contention).
- Perform database software maintenance including patches.
- Perform database migrations.
- Evaluate and test new features/functionality, Upgrade/migrate databases to current release levels.
- Document migration procedures and test results.
- Perform database maintenance functions Move, rebuild, or change database objects as required in production.
- Develop database administration tools/utilities/operation procedures.
- Administer and support data integration tools such as informatica in areas such as SQLs, SQL Loader, CSV file generation and loading.
- Assist in developing procedures around business intelligence tools (MicroStrategy).
- Knowledge of database architecture of an enterprise level distributed application
- Linux and scripting knowledge
- Willing to work in shift rotation schedule
- Good communication both verbal and written.
- Must maintain attention to detail in fast paced, changing environment
- B.S. degree in computer science and technical degree
- 3-5 years of experience as DBA or working in data service role
- Knowledgeable on various DB products (MemSQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDb)
- Oracle or other DBMS Certification
- Programing language certification
- Familiarity with virtualization and VMWare
- Familiarity with java oriented technologies and supporting web-based application development
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Systems DB.
- knowledge and experience supporting a multi-tier Web Applications that is highly available, multi-threaded, and scalable architecture.
- Regularly troubleshoots complex client application, integration and environment issues escalated from Tier 1 & Tier 2 team and provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Experience in financial services industry a plus