Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and 6 years experience.
The UTMB Health Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Department is looking for a highly talented Data Architecture Manager who can help the organization take our Enterprise Data Warehousing and Analytics strategy to the next level. The Data Architecture Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of the data architecture group that supports a modern enterprise-wide data infrastructure and business intelligence (BI) framework that will enable business areas all across our multi-faceted organization utilize data to make evidence based decisions.
The manager will lead a multi-functional team of individuals made up of ETL developers, business analysts and data architects. The manager will work closely with the customers across the organization to understand their business needs, their business workflows and develop data models and ETL processes that will enable these business areas to utilize analytics in their day-to-day operations and decision making. The manager will also work closely with the Enterprise Analytics Manager to ensure that the data infrastructure aligns with the front-end/data visualization strategy.
The manager will be a liaison between the business and the data architecture team. Partners with leadership to secure and maintain funding for projects, tools and initiatives. Promotes self-service analytics to users throughout the organization. Participates in the Data and Analytics Council to assess data policies and procedures and document assets.
The manager will help streamline ETL processes in Informatica IICS, streamline data modeling efforts in Microsoft Azure and ensure that all processes are running efficiently. The manager will also focus on data quality efforts to ensure the integrity of the data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
The manager position responsibilities include managing the daily work activities of the staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency while assisting management in accomplishing strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position provides guidance to staff and is responsible for staffing, budget compliance, contributing to staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment.
- Eight years of experience with business intelligence systems and database environments
- Extensive experience with data architecture framework
- Extensive experience with implementing an end-to-end Enterprise Data Warehousing Strategy (experience in healthcare preferred)
- Up do date on the latest trends in Enterprise Data Warehousing Strategy
- Experience with leading a high performing team consisting of ETL Developers, Data Architects and Business Analysts
- Experience with interfacing with stakeholders and business areas to understand their business needs and business workflows
- Extensive database experience using SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Strong ETL skills in Informatica IICS (Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services)
- Experience in implementing a cloud strategy for data architecture using Azure tools like Azure Data Lake, Azure Managed Instance, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Analysis Services
- Experience with implementing Data Quality processes and tools to ensure the integrity of data in the Data Warehouse
- Experience with Data Governance principles and participating in Data Governance Councils
- Experience with business intelligence systems including but not limited to Power BI, QlikView, Qlik Sense, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, and OBIEE.
- High demonstration and belief of the following Core Values:
- Strong communication skills and can communicate effectively with leadership, other federated business intelligence groups, other IT teams like server and security teams
- Has the ability to manage workload effectively and can communicate issues and impediments in an effective way
- Has a passion for data, the use of data and the value it brings to an organization.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
$110,000 - $130,000. Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.