LOCATION: SAN DIEGO , CA , US
DATE POSTED: 2020-11-20
SUBCATEGORY: Cyber Sec Analyst
SHIFT: Day Job
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Secret
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: None
POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORK: Yes
Join SAIC as aCYBER SECURITY ANALYST ISSE IN SAN DIEGO, CA.The Cyber Security Analyst will function as the Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) for accreditations.
This position supports the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) cybersecurity efforts for NIWC PAC code 82000 to support the Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) network.The RDT&E environment allows customers to utilize Navy computers and network infrastructure to develop, test, and certify new systems that are either directly in support of Navy initiatives or support internal or external customer requirements.
LOCATION:This role offers limited, temporary work from home / remote / virtual work at home due to COVID-19. However, you will be required to work on-site 1-2 days a week.
ROLES AND ASSOCIATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Risk Management Framework (RMF) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all network security architectures, designs, implementations, and operations within NIWC Pacific RDT&E systems, networks, and applications.Identify operational and functional requirements of new, developing and existing systems and develop a system security approach, which includes but not limited to defining potential threats, vulnerabilities, safeguards, and risk factors.
* eMASS SME - Demonstrate high proficiency utilizing Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), and possess the ability to enter all system packages, artifacts, and supporting documentation. demonstrate proficiency reviewing security control implementation down to the Control Correlation Identifier (CCI) level for compliance and provide appropriate guidance to customers developing valid mitigation/ remediation statements.
* Cyber Incident Support - Assist with monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to Cyber events and incidents. The Contractor shall coordinate with Computer Network Defense (CND) Analysts regarding malicious events detected via HBSS and update incident reports as needed with supplementary HBSS data, to include creating customer-based signatures and analyzing alert data from HBSS to help develop strategies for addressing threats.
* Validation Support - Conduct or support validation and verification reviews of IT systems and subsystems against approved plans and architectures, and recommend methods for correcting findings.
* Continuous Monitoring Support - Conduct RMF continuous monitoring, testing and analysis of IA Controls for NIWC Pacific. Conduct continuing requirement analysis using government directed tools such as eMASS, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Host Based Security System (HBSS), logging, event and asset aggregation and Government off the Shelf (GOTS) developed tools
* Documentation and Policy Focus -
* Experience developing A&A documentation to include but limited to: system security plans, system categorization forms, contingency plans, configuration management plans, support and sustainability plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), Cybersafe grading documentation, and formal connection and service agreements.
* Assist system owners in achieving system authorization by providing validation and guidance on Federal and DoD requirements and maintain a repository of supporting documentation for accreditation/authorization packages.
* Develop security policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), point papers, waiver requests, and any other security related documentation as determined by the Government.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in (STEM), or an Information Technology (IT) related field AND five (5) years or more experience.4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Must have hands-on technical experience in networking, system administration, and apply security policies. Utilize this expertise to provide engineering and technical support for the testing of systems, software, tools and products. Familiar with all layers of the technology stack, to include but not limited to: network routing and switching, firewalls, Virtual Private Network (VPNs), load balancers, network and server virtualization, server operating systems, large storage systems, data-exchange interfaces, databases, middleware, web services, and enterprise management tools used to administer all such capabilities.
Demonstrated knowledge of RMF National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
Four (4)Years of demonstrated experience in RMF
REQUIRED CLEARANCE:Active Secret Clearance
IAM-1 (Security+ CE)
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Experience processing Program of Record (POR) systems through RMF are preferred
Cloud + Certification
HBSS (Host Based Security System) experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ or Working at SAIC [ for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.