Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
CTO / VP of Engineering - Hypergrowth Fintech / Crypto Startup
Location during the pandemic: Remote
Location after the pandemic: Your choice -- either remote or onsite in the west coast location of your choice - the team is mostly on the West Coast, so you must be fine with working typical work hours in the Pacific Time Zone, including morning huddles at 9 am PT. - after the pandemic, although the company will not require that pre-existing employees work in an office, if you prefer to have a physical office to build an engineering team in, the company could open one in the west coast city of your choice.
The company's product is a consumer mobile payments platform utilizing blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
The company has about 50 employees and 15 engineers, and is on pace to double in size in the next 6 months.
The company is profitable, and revenues have increased 900% since January 2020. The company has raised series B funding from leading investors in the fintech and cryptocurrency space.
The company will provide very competitive salary ($200-300k depending on experience) plus equity which could be very lucrative (up to 1% of the company, which has already been valued at almost $100 million).
- Managing a team of about 15 engineers, including two Directors of Engineering.
- Growing the engineering team to about 30 engineers in 6 months, and 50 engineers in 1 year.
- About 60% of the engineering work will be backend and 40% will be front end.
- Working with the executive team to create roadmaps in alignment with the company's strategic objectives and vision.
- Being a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape and relevant technology trends in payments, consumer finance, DeFi and cryptocurrency.
- The % of time spent on tasks will vary depending on the month. The main areas of responsibility will include:
1) technical architecture and design
2) organizational design.
3) recruiting and building a world class engineering team.
4) execution - management of the engineering and technology teams.
- Excellent engineering leadership ability.
- Passion for the company's mission of democratizing access to the future of money.
- Understanding of blockchain technology, custody, payments, fulfillment, and transaction based systems.
- Hunger and passion to build a highly successful company. Entrepreneurial, cofounder mentality.
- Experience managing at least 30 engineers.
- Experience doubling the size of an engineering team.
- 4+ years of engineering management experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Comfortable working remotely and leading remote teams.
- Experience building products in either cryptocurrency or fintech or payments.
- Understanding of blockchain technology, custody and fulfillment.
- A Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering.
Nice to have:
- Experience managing 100 engineers.
- Experience growing a team by 50 engineers over 2 years.
- 12+ years of engineering management experience.
- 15+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with financial and transactional systems, cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
- Experience building a highly rated consumer mobile app with millions of users.
- Experience with financial audit and compliance such as SOC, PCI, etc.
- Multi-country and product localization experience.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: