The SBCTC Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project, called ctcLink, is a multi-phase, multi-year project that will replace the full administrative software suite for the 34 community and technical colleges and the SBCTC. This ctcLink Financial Aid Functional Analyst position will be responsible for the delivery of the processes and functionality with a focus on the PeopleSoft Financial Aid (FA) module in Campus Solutions.
The Functional Analyst should have extensive knowledge of community college Financial Aid systems and have the ability to develop an extensive network of key individuals within the college community that can help answer questions, resolve issues, etc. related to PeopleSoft Financial Aid. This role will become a system expert in Financial Aid module within PeopleSoft. This position will participate in activities related to the Financial Aid module in the PeopleSoft application and provide leadership to the Subject Matter Expert team members from the colleges during all phases of the configuration and implementation process.
NOTE: This position is eligible for telecommuting 100% of time.Mission and Vision Statement
Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.Principal Activities
- Perform business analysis (including Business Process Alignment and Redesign).
- Refine and clarify business requirements.
- Provide knowledge of end-user needs, business processes / procedures, etc.
- Develop business specifications (e.g., for any remaining required customizations).
- Assists in the application configuration (including input on functional security -definition of roles, permissions, etc.).
- Supports execution / development of day-to-day deliverables that enable the ongoing compliance needs related to state and federal legislation, IT policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Assists the Campus Solutions Financial Aid Project Lead in working with business process owners to ensure that the design and scope of configuration and any remaining customizations remains consistent with functional expectations and priorities as related to the PeopleSoft application.
- Provides input to the Campus Solutions Financial Aid Project Manager in recommending business solutions / alternatives for best practices and related compliance projects.
- Assists with college staff adoption and use of the Financial Aid module of the PeopleSoft application.
- Participate in all business process review activities and provide business process insight into recommended best practices concerning the related modules.
- Assists in the maintenance of tracking and issue logging related to module activities.
- Gain knowledge of cross pillar and cross module touch points within configuration.
- Participates or presents in Business Process Fit Gap sessions for upcoming deployments
- Assists with System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years experience in higher education within Financial Aid.
- Preferred 1+ year experience in PeopleSoft within the Campus Solutions pillar.
Annual Salary: $96, 288
Location: Olympia, WA
NOTE: This position is eligible for telecommuting 100% of time.
Open Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Close Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020, or until filled.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Exempt Employee Benefits .
Recruitment and screening of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. However, to ensure full consideration, return completed materials by 5 p.m. on the closing date. Note: Agency hiring authorities reserve the right - and may exercise the option - to make a hiring decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.Application Process
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Online Application
- Cover Letter that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Human Resource Consultant 1
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.EEO Statement
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at A TDD relay service is available by dialingor voice- provided by Dice