The PBCS (Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service) Implementation Analyst is a utility player, serving many different stakeholders (including other ctcLink project groups) as a system expert in various Planning/Budgeting processes as they relate to the Oracle PBCS application as well as how they interact/integrate with PeopleSoft Financial (FIN) and PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM). This position must be able to work independently and collaborate with diverse groups to cultivate and provide this knowledge of the system as well as knowledge of how the Washington community and technical college environment operates. This position will participate in many different deployment activities related to the Oracle PBCS application and provide leadership to the Subject Matter Expert (SME) team members from the colleges during all phases of the discovery, design, development, testing, and deployment throughout the life of the implementation project.
NOTE: This position is eligible for telecommuting 100% of time.
Mission and Vision Statement Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.
About ctcLink The SBCTC Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project, called ctcLink, is a multi-phase, multi-year project that will replace the full administrative software suite (the Legacy system) for the 34 community and technical colleges and the SBCTC agency offices with a suite of Oracle's PeopleSoft products, including Financials (FIN), Human Capital Management (HCM), and Campus Solutions (CS). The deployment of PeopleSoft to the various colleges and the SBCTC agency has been broken into a small group of pilot schools (called "FirstLink") and several subsequent "Deployment Groups" of schools to be implemented over the duration of the project. The project is currently in process, and the PBCS Implementation Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of the full lifecycle of an Oracle Planning Budgeting project including discovery, design, development, testing, and deployment through the all of the current and remaining deployment activities.
- Implements Oracle PBCS (Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service) application - end to end
- Handles project stake holders and business users (SME) in multiple project phases, including driving the workshops, support application designing, documentation, driving UAT
- Works with subject matter experts and other stakeholder groups to identify and clarify business requirements
- Aligns business requirements and best practices to implement a technical solution
- Assists in the development of end-user training materials, and as needed, deliver informal training to college and project team members
- Provides input in the development of test procedures and materials, such as test scripts
- Develops functional and technical specifications for recommended business processes, system design/configuration values/frameworks, reports, interface, and system customizations
- Assists with college staff adoption and use of the Oracle PBCS application, with special focus on aiding the college in understanding the key business processes
- Coordinates and provides support and knowledge transfer to teams and individuals within and associated with the ctcLink project
- Communicates timely status updates on assigned work and on-going activities as requested by project leadership
- Knowledge of the Oracle PBCS and PeopleSoft system structure, features, functions, and processes
- In-depth understanding of Planning & Budgeting process of an Organization and map with Oracle Solution
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Data Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE) for integration requirement
- Knowledge of EPM Automation scripting and Smart View tools
- Experience in automating PBCS operations using EPM-Automate
- Expertise in developing Business Rules using Calculation Manager
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand and decompose financial, business, and technical concepts
- Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with a diverse group of co-workers, specialty consultants, college/agency stakeholders, and the public
- Five or more years of related experience working with higher education.
- Three or more years of working experience with Oracle PBCS/Hyperion Planning.
- Experience in one full lifecycle Planning Budgeting implementation projects and with PeopleSoft Finance and Human Capital Management in a higher education setting is preferred.
Annual Salary: $96,288
Location: Olympia, WA
Open Date: Monday, July 20, 2020
Close Date: Friday, Sept. 18, 2020
This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual compensation for this position is listed above. Washington state has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and two optional deferred compensation programs. For more information, see Exempt Employee Benefits .
Recruitment and screening of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. However, to ensure full consideration, return completed materials by 5 p.m. on the closing date. Note: Agency hiring authorities reserve the right - and may exercise the option - to make a hiring decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Supervision Reporting This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to ctcLink Finance Project Manager.
Application Process Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Online Application
- Cover Letter that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Human Resource Consultant 1
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
EEO Statement The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants who need accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at A TDD relay service is available by dialingor voice
- provided by Dice