Responsible for administering and managing the Bank's Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Fair Lending programs to ascertain how the Bank is responding to the credit needs of low and moderate income members of the Bank's lending area.
Description of Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations:
•Coordinate and report on the CRA program to the Bank's Board of Director's and various federal and state regulatory agencies.
•Monitor the Bank's CRA performance and recommend ways to senior management to improve the CRA position in the communities we serve.
•Establish a CRA program to assure that the Bank performs well under the assessment factors in the regulations.
•Interface with community groups to determine the needs of the communities in our assessment areas.
•Work with department managers to ensure our investment activities, lending programs and service activities address the needs of the communities in our assessment areas.
•Train staff on community development and maintain community development lending documentation.
•Maintain documentation of investments made including the purpose, area benefitted and performance.
•Identify qualified community development services and maintain documentation regarding the nature of service provided, organizations involved, group benefitted and hours of service provided.
•To develop and submit to the Board an appropriate CRA statement, reviewing it periodically, and assuring that it is available to the public upon request.
•To assure that the Bank's CRA effort is accomplished by identifying those people who can best understand and initiate CRA activities, such as community organizations, government officials, nonprofit groups, businesses and trade associations.
•To prepare materials and conduct all necessary training to assure Bank compliance with CRA policies and regulations.
•To work with auditors/examiners as it relates to CRA Compliance; producing reports, answering questions and so forth.. Requirements:
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Three to five years' experience with Bank compliance and Fair Lending.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience in a financial institution setting
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion that may be confidential in nature.
- Thorough understanding of the Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending and related policies and regulations. (CRA mapping experience a plus).
- Strong initiative and ability to create contacts and relationships within a variety of communities and ethnic groups.
- Solid Computer literacy (Word, Excel) with accurate data entry skills; proficient knowledge of working with spreadsheet and creating formulas. Ability to become proficient in use of specific software required for position.
- A high level of initiative, thoroughness, accuracy and organizational skills required.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- High level of confidentiality required.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects with varied deadlines.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: Equal Opportunity Employer EEOC M/F/D/V
This Position Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.