Summary Posted: Feb 1, 2021 Role Number: Do you have an uncommon desire to seek out and solve exceedingly difficult challenges rather than the easy ones? Do you thrive on adversity? Do you believe that truly valuable and meaningful accomplishments are the result of pushing the limits of perseverance? Do you believe that a world-class team with relentless drive can surpass even their own high expectations? We do! But we also realize this job isn't for everyone. What we do isn't easy but you don't take the easy path. Apple is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious CPU Architect to join our group that is driving advanced exploration for next generation iPhone, iPad, and Mac CPU architectures. Key Qualifications
- You should have experience and knowledge of CPU architecture and micro-architecture concepts as well as deep expertise in one or more focused CPU areas. Areas could include ISA development, core micro-architecture, CPU security, memory subsystem design, coherency, fabric and scalable design, DRAM, reliability architecture, or AI/ML for architectural exploration.
- You will be setting direction. Therefore, you must be comfortable in an environment of uncertainty and be able to work through ambiguities.
- We believe in the power of teams working together, so you must have strong communication, influence, and negotiation skills.
- We are a data driven group and believe in the power of individuals proving their own ideas. Therefore, we prefer you have hands-on experience with high-level simulators for performance or power estimation.
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
- Knowledge and experience with common performance benchmarks and workloads.