Adecco is assisting a local client in Corsicana, TX in their search for a temp to hire Cost Accountant.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for determining, recording, and reporting unit cost factors, provide management with cost and comparative reports along with analyzing actual manufacturing costs and prepare reports comparing standard to actual costs; analyze changes in raw materials pricing and manufacturing overhead for effects on production costs. The role functions as a business support person to the plant and financial management team.
• Support and assist the Cost Accounting Manager in accomplishing the requirements as set by the company which will include ensuring that standard costs and all accounting entries are processed timely, accurate, comply with generally accepted accounting principles, and meet the cost improvement objectives set by Operations.
• Develop, maintain, and review standard costs of material, including assistance with the standard cost roll.
• Prepare new Bill of Material (BOM) as requested.
• Analyze physical material variances compared to BOM usages standards and makes recommended changes to the BOM standards. Participate in relevant BOM audits, maintenance and review for manufactured items.
• Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods and/or services provided, to determine effects on cost and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Analyze actual labor, material and overhead cost against Standard/Budget and report variances.
• Prepares cost estimates of new or special products for establishing selling prices and production forecasts.
• Aid in the development of new labor and overhead rates, budgets and forecasts.
• Analyzes and reconciles the inventory on hand reports to the general ledger and proposes journal entries as well as provide monthly schedules showing the same.
• Prepare inventory analysis to determine obsolescence reserve and if inventory should be discontinued.
• Analyzes and prepares the period inventory price testing and proposes needed reserves.
• Functions as the Departments lead on all physical inventories and prepares variance reporting by facility.
• Assist with monitoring and continuous improvement in internal controls and standard work procedures for appropriate financial operations.
• Supports special projects as requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
• Commitment to Excellence; Results driven and attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter able to perform independently and collaborate with team and management.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to plan and organize.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet project deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
• Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls.
• Strong technical capacity with ability to retain information (e.g., policies, procedures) or research as needed.
• Customer service oriented.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking using logic, reasoning, creative and strategic thinking.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00, occasional late nights and weekend hours during our busier times.
Pay Range: $25-$30 an hour
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years' Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in automating and improving processes to gain efficiency, improve accuracy and produce high quality work is required.
• Must have a strong cost system and inventory controls background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
• Strong PC skills
Please apply now if you meet the qualifications below.
Adecco is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records