At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Summer Intern within PNC's Business Credit organization, opportunities are available throughout PNC s footprint and could include: Chicago; Cincinnati; Dallas; East Brunswick, NJ; Horsham, PA; Los Angeles; Philadelphia; Raleigh, NC; and San Francisco.
Corporate & Institutional Banking Undergraduate Intern Business Credit
As a PNC Intern, you will participate in a "best-in-class" internship program. During PNC s 10 week summer internship program, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a specific line of business, expand the tools you need to launch your career and complement your education with real-world job experience.
PNC Business Credit is one of the top asset-based lenders in the country with 40 offices nationwide and more than $45 billion in commitments. PNC Business Credit provides senior secured financing with expanded capabilities including junior secured, second lien and recurring revenue loans to private equity firms and mid-sized companies throughout the U.S., Canada and the UK. PNC Business Credit s lending approach seeks to provide maximum senior debt availability through asset leverage by finding value in accounts receivable, inventory, machinery and equipment, trademarks and patents, real estate and intellectual property.
As a rotational Business Credit intern, job responsibilities will vary depending on the rotation. Interns are required to support the internal and external customer experience by providing excellent service at all times, taking accountability and ensuring problem resolution. Interns can explore the following opportunities:
- Asset Based Lending Asset Based Lending seeks to provide maximum senior debt availability through asset leverage by finding value in accounts receivable, inventory, machinery and equipment, trademarks and patents, real estate and intellectual property.
- Vendor Finance Vendor Finance customizes sales finance programs for global manufacturers, distributors, software and service providers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Through its partnership-driven model, Vendor Finance provides outsourced, private label sales-aid financing across North America, financing small, middle and large ticket transactions for program partners business customers.
- Technology Finance Group The Technology Finance Group leverages the value of companies recurring revenue cash flow streams to provide senior secured financing across the United States, Canada, Europe and Israel.
- Performs or assist the core activities of the group by applying knowledge learned to drive business results (e.g., deal, sales, process support, internal or external customer interaction, or supporting internal projects). Works under supervision and may have limited approval and/or exception authority.
- Participates in social learning within the organization (e.g., identifies and networks with business representatives and peers, participates in mentoring, job shadowing and community outreach).
- Working toward Bachelor's Degree, preferred business relevant majors (e.g., Finance, Accounting, IT, Economics, Marketing, Math, Statistics, HR, Management, Communications, Business Law, Psychology, Logistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Actuarial Sciences), junior status, Minimum GPA 3.2.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Analytical Thinking Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Effective Communications Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Flexibility and Adaptability Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Information Capture Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Initiative Understanding of the value of self-motivation and initiative; ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals.
Products and Services Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Self-Directed Growth and Development Understanding of the necessity of continuous personal growth; ability to gauge one's strengths, limitations and interests, and use of this knowledge for purposes of performance effectiveness and self-development.
Roles at this level are filled by recent university / college graduates with little or no professional experience, but possessing relevant skills. Includes individuals joining the organization through a Corporate development/ training program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-###-#### and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
Associated topics: actuarial analyst, actuarial assistant, actuarial consultant, actuarial director, assistant actuary, associate actuary, cost, model, probability, statistics