Controller -- Single Family Office! -- Strong Tax & Investment accounting background required!
Excellent opportunity to join a single family office located in a beautiful Colorado resort location. The position could quickly move to a CFO role.
This unique role requires a skilled executive. Selected candidate must have a friendly and professional demeanor, significant tax experience, significant experience accounting for investments and be willing to be involved in the day to day accounting and tax processes.
This is an ideal position for a Controller or Tax Director or Tax Manager that has worked in a single or multi-family office.
Responsibilities of the Family Office Controller
- Accurate and timely reporting of the books and records for family investments, purchases and operating expenses.
- Preparation of investment performance reports, net worth reports, budgeting, investment and expense analysis.
- Manage the interactions with banks, fund managers, tax advisors, attorneys and other outside consultants.
- Implement and maintain financial controls.
- Assist with administration of family partnerships and trusts.
- Tax planning, tax spreadsheets and management of tax return preparation by outside tax firm.
- Research and management of major acquisitions and management of large capital Investments (houses, planes, etc.)
- Assist with various planning functions including cash flow management, estate and gift planning, cash flow management, and insurance planning.
- Involved with a variety of human resource functions including recruiting, compensation, benefits, policies and procedures, and determining staffing needs.
- Management of real estate and personal services
- Technology support.
- Other special projects as needed.