Control Systems Engineer
- Serve as the Controls Systems expert. Monitors the health of control system software and hardware, troubleshoots hardware and software issues, performs hardware replacements, performs software corrections, and schedules upgrades as needed. Provide Controls Systems support to Maintenance and Operations groups to keep systems operational.
- Implement DCS alarm management program to prevent nuisance alarms and unmanageable alarm influx resulting from process upsets. Identify applicable critical alarms that require specific Operator action and implement âOperator Guide Messages' to communicate required Operator action.
- Manage development and maintenance of the Operator Training Simulator (OTS) for use in training.
- Use sound engineering practices, plant standards, and specifications to ensure that documentation for the Controls Systems are maintained properly. Maintains the controls systems alarm setpoint list, narratives, cause and effects, logic diagrams, and instrument tag list.
- Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of capital projects and routine facility changes. Participate in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR).
- Develop or modify complex control schemes and logic for routine facility changes and for capital and optimization projects based on Process Engineer's objectives.
- Participate in regulatory agency audits.
- Develop design basis, preliminary estimates, and schedules for project design scopes.
- Work with multidisciplinary Process Services team to define problems, establish work scopes, prepare task budgets and schedules, plan work, provide technical direction, and report the work status to management.
- Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
- Work with Engineering and Construction department to provide support and assure O & M interests are represented on major projects. Participates in Controls Systems factory acceptance tests (FATs) and site acceptance tests (SATs).
Key attributes for the candidate:
- Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Safety Instrument Systems (SIS), Programable Logic Controls Systems (PLC)
- MS Excel advance level
- Good communication and teamwork
- Experience in the oil and gas industry or similar (engineering background is a must), better if Chemical/Electrical Engineer
- Experience in Process Controls, Yokogawa Centum VP and ProSafe Systems
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.