Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. As a member of the US Value & Access team, this Contracts & Pricing Strategy Manager is integral to Amgens financial sales performance. The Manager will lead pricing and contracting support for Amgens Oncology products which have combined sales of over $1B. Amgen has a robust Oncology pipeline, including CAR-T and BiTE molecules, which will continue to grow the Oncology portfolio. This role will provide a strong foundation in the U.S. healthcare market and is a good avenue to many future commercial healthcare roles. Amgen has strong training, education, and mentoring programs to ensure staff are successful.
The Contracts & Pricing Strategy Manager will drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and net revenue impact analyses to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. The person is key to determining Amgens pricing strategy for each product under his/her responsibility and subsequently memorializing the strategies in customer contracts. The Manager will forecast quarterly product net sales. Additionally, there may be opportunities to drive U.S. government, e.g. Medicaid and Veterans Affairs, pricing strategies and net sales forecasting.
- Develop Oncology pricing and contracting strategies to optimize net sales
- Responsible for forecasting discounts for quarterly net sales reporting to investors
- Build financial models to measure contract performance, inform price optimization and support discount forecasting
- Manage the pricing and contracting process in conjunction with Amgens key account managers, legal, brand, and otherSPC stakeholders
- Facilitate approval of product pricing requests with senior management
- Create term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to customers
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key Oncology customers financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics which generate data-driven business insights, visualizations, and recommendations
- Routinely interacts with senior leadership and other high-level, cross functional committees and teams
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Pricing & Contracts or finance experience preferably in a biopharma or related business environment
Associates degree and 8 years of Pricing & Contracts experience or finance experience, preferably in a biopharma or related business environment
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Pricing & Contracts experience or finance experience preferably in a biopharma or related business environment
- Experience solving complex business problems
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial modeling
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Ability to read and understand legal contract documents
- Strong orientation to teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with others in a matrixed team environment
- Experience developing and driving adoption of new critical technology and capabilities
- A good sense of finance or accounting principles
- Leadership experience, may be in your community, at work, or as part of your education
- Advanced degree, e.g. JD, MBA, or equivalent experience
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.