Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is seeking a highly driven, self-starter with strong consumer lending skills who will be responsible for sales and relational strategies that increase FCSAmericas consumer market share in an assigned territory. This Mortgage Loan Originator will we responsible for the Northeast Iowa area and may be based out of Cedar Falls, Manchester, Decorah, or Dubuque.
In this role, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the consumer marketplace, available products and finances in order to fully understand the applicant(s) current and future needs and financial position to present the options that best meet their needs. Youll be responsible for sales efforts, growth of relationships within the assigned territory, credit administration, and ongoing marketing of consumer lending products, and routine to complex financial credit needs from $12 million to $20+ million in annual new volume.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
SALES and RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Develop and maintain a professional presence and use effective sales and relational strategies to increase FCSAmericas consumer market share in the assigned territory.
- Engagement in marketing and promotional activities throughout the assigned territory to support sales goals; maintain professional relationships with appropriate influencer groups, home mortgage professionals and organizations.
- Determine and define the appropriate customer interaction and coordinate the appropriate support resources that may directly or indirectly provide service to the applicant(s).
- Effectively communicate to the applicant(s) and to appropriate team members regarding the request.
- Introduce applicant(s) to teammate(s) who will support the process.
- Actively engage with the Associations team members and leadership; including but not limited to providing education on consumer lending product, cross-selling Association products/services and participating in relationship building activities.
- Actively engage with support team members including but not limited to daily processing and servicing of credit and participating in training, development and relationship building activities.
DELIVER SOUND CREDIT:
- Adhere to the processes and procedures and gather and document customer financial information and application details, in compliance with consumer lending requirements and in coordination with appropriate team members.
- Interpret and evaluate financial information and ask probing questions to determine the appropriate product or service need of the applicant(s).
- Recommend loan terms, conditions, collateral position consistent with the request and associated loan risks and set clear expectations with the applicant(s).
- Communicate credit decisions, loan terms and conditions to the customer.
- Manage monitoring of construction projects; coordinate the administration of disbursements with team members. Complete property inspections according to procedures.
- Collaborate as needed with support team members to complete servicing actions.
- Collaborate as needed with Special Accounts to service and support challenged accounts for resolution.
- 3+ years of experience in Lending or Credit Underwriting
- Registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) or the ability to do so within 30 days of employment.
- Up to 50% day travel and 15% overnight travel time to meet with clients and to attend industry meetings is required.
- Knowledge of consumer lending products, Association products, services, fees and their applications to borrowers needs while assigning market segment and
- Bachelor's in Real Estate, Business Administration or Finance preferred.