Honnen Equipment Co. is your authorized dealer for John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment, John Deere Commercial Worksite Products, Hitachi Construction Equipment, Manitowoc, Grove and National Cranes, JLG Telehandlers, Lull Forklifts, Wirtgen Milling Machines, Vogele Pavers, Hamm Rollers, Kleemann Crushers and much more!
Our mission at Honnen Equipment is to partner with our customers to provide superior value through the lowest owning and operating costs while representing world-class products. Since 1963 Honnen has operated with a philosophy of not just meeting, but exceeding, customers' expectations. Honnen is one of the oldest and largest John Deere dealers in North America, operating out of 10 locations. We cover the entire Rocky Mountain Region!
This position will maintain work orders for the cranes and heavy equipment being worked on in our Commerce City service shop. The Service Writer is the first point of contact both on the phone and for walk-in traffic of customers and internal staff and makes sure accurate information is obtained for work orders. This position also tracks equipment repair process and ensures timely communication with customer and timely distribution of invoices.
- Greet customers at the shop office counter and obtain all required information about the machine
- Open work (repair) orders as directed by the Service Manager/Shop Foreman and maintain control/follow up with customer until they are closed and invoiced
- Issue, post and code purchase orders on company proprietary software
- Assist in preparing quotes as required; follow through with customer and Shop Foreman until complete, providing updates to the customer while work is being performed
- Obtain purchase orders from customers upon quoting and acceptance of repairs, including COD and Power Plan customers
- Field internal and external inquiries to the Service Department
- Maintain Service Department filing and records
- Update customer profiles using equipment S/N, hours, or other information (attachment) from the customer work orders
- Work with Warranty to reconcile warranty work orders
- Keep up-to-date with shop foremen on the status of work orders to be able to keep customers current on their equipment
- Provides coverage for other office personnel within the department as needed
- Three (3) years industry related or equivalent experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Advanced computer and application skills in Microsoft products
- Technical and parts knowledge is preferred
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, self-motivation and formal communication skills required
- Strong ability to keep up in a fast paced environment and keep organized