Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider. The Group enhances the efficiency of assets, ensures a high level of
availability and reduces maintenance costs. The portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing,
assembly, maintenance, plant expansion as well as turnarounds and also includes environmental technologies and digital
The company delivers its services in two service lines: Technologies and Engineering & Maintenance. Bilfinger is primarily active in
the regions Continental Europe, Northwest Europe, North America and the Middle East. Process industry customers come from
sectors that include chemicals & petrochemicals, energy & utilities, oil & gas, pharma & biopharma, metallurgy and cement. With its
36,000 employees, Bilfinger upholds the highest standards of safety and quality and generated revenue of €4.153 billion in financial
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc., known as a leading one stop shop provider for complex industrial services is seeking a Lean Construction Manager at our Mehoopany, PA Site Location. This role drives implementation of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement initiatives to support the organization's objectives. The successful candidate will have a strong background in operations, project management, and lean principles. Applicant will join a growing team. This engineer will be responsible for identifying efficiency/improvement opportunities and leading team members to drive process improvements utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles. The continuous improvement engineer will also teach and apply Lean Six sigma principles to create a Lean culture of self-sustaining processes. This position requires a self-starting individual to take on a fast-paced team with challenging and changing customer requirements.
- Drive culture change by identifying gaps and goals and delivering Lean, Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement training needs for the organization, scoping out and developing improvement strategies for each functional area.
- Leads the development and implementation of operational reliability and performance improvements in process, people, asset reliability and optimization.
- Ensures processes are safe, functional and validated to perform at their design capability and inherent reliability. Improves plan equipment uptime and equipment availability through process optimization, asset improvement, and new technology utilizing the techniques of problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Actively seeks out best practices through internal and external benchmarking.
- Implement process management and process improvement initiatives following Lean Six Sigma Principles.
- Create new self-sustaining processes that identify and track relevant KPIs.
- Lead process changes, improvements and champion communication inside organization, at all levels.
- Train and mentor employees as they apply Lean methodology to problem solving and project execution.
- Follow and improve safety and environmental policies.
- Develop annual plan outlining goals and strategies which translate into potential return and capital savings.
- Document current processes and proposed improved processes.
- Publish weekly reports and join weekly leadership meetings
- Works with Site leadership on Lean implementation.
- Ensures the development of a robust Lean Future State Strategy to be implemented at the site.
- Where appropriate, supports Plant Lean team members through required and special team meetings.
- Provides high level of technical and operational recommendations in meeting productivity, material control, product quality, and customer service goals.
- Ensures that the site organizational structure has been reviewed and that resources are aligned for the Lean Transformation.
- Promotes a Continuous Learning environment. •
- Communicates the status of all Lean Provides documentation of results and benefits achieved to the Division Shares "best practice" methods and ideas with Division Lean Manager.
- 7+ years' work experience with bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in manufacturing, engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years work experience in Lean Six Sigma application.
- Lean/ Six Sigma Black belt certified.
- Trained in Lean Six Sigma Principles (Five S's, Waste Reduction, Error/Mistake Proofing, PDCA, Root Cause Analysis, A3 Problem Solving, Value Stream Mapping, KAIZEN, Lead Time Reduction)
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement methodologies